Battle for Dwater
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The old BfDW forum - no game, just talk

You are not connected. Please login or register

Constructive Input Please

+6
matt441
404error
[GA]rink245
M35H
regix
[GA]comatose
10 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Constructive Input Please Empty Constructive Input Please Tue Nov 23, 2010 8:36 am

[GA]comatose

[GA]comatose
Game Ambassador
Game Ambassador

Allow me to clarify something first, if you decide to bash anyone or any idea in this thread then prepare to have your post removed. It is possible to give constructive criticism without launching attacks on someone or something.

The purpose of this thread is to ask some simple questions to gain an understanding from you the players. I'm not going to assume you only play here and nowhere else. Pserver players are a finicky crowd. You don't get what you want here, you might play elsewhere and vice-versa.

1. What aspects of BfDW do you like?
  2. What about BfDW do you not like?
  3. What is missing from this server that would make you play on another server?
  4. If you moved from another server to BfDW, what motivated you to make that switch?
  5. Has the game itself (even on OS) became stale? That is, you're simply tired of playing shalya in any form.
  6. What is your favorite MMO to play, if not shalya?

http://battle-for-dwater.net16.net/

2Constructive Input Please Empty Re: Constructive Input Please Tue Nov 23, 2010 7:12 pm

regix

regix
Tipsy is my idol
Tipsy is my idol

I did like the active GMs
7s and 6s
Better FC drops
4. If you moved from another server to BfDW, what motivated you to make that switch?
6 / 7s ridiculous damage in both 1-60 and 20-30
5. Has the game itself (even on OS) became stale? That is, you're simply tired of playing shalya in any form.
Yes i'm bored of shalya and gone to GBV Very Happy
Don't have one

(Did like GM staff since i'm only looking at forums and not in game anymore)

3Constructive Input Please Empty Re: Constructive Input Please Tue Nov 23, 2010 7:41 pm

M35H

M35H
Am i making any sense??
Am i making any sense??

1.What aspects of BfDW do you like?
even though we lack quantity - I feel we have some quality people here that understand and appreciate the goals that most of us desire here in terms of a great P-Server.
I feel we have a solid GA foundation - Even though Real Life has had its challenges on many of us GA's and GM's lately.

2.What about BfDW do you not like?
Unfortunatley, I'm going to make Regix smile - I agree with the lvl 7 lapis. Imagine a pvp zone where battles actually lasted more then .45 seconds. With the lvl 7 lapis in gear - battles dont last very long. I've heard this often, "whats the point of healing, you dead before i cant get one heal off.

3.What is missing from this server that would make you play on another server?
Consistent PVP - if i was to choose one thing. I do understand, there is no such thing as pvp 24 hours a day, because it just doesnt exist.

4.If you moved from another server to BfDW, what motivated you to make that switch?
Broken promises on another server led to the switch here. Don't use a tactic to pull people to your server and then not own up to what and why you brought them. Be a person of your word.

5.Has the game itself (even on OS) became stale? That is, you're simply tired of playing shalya in any form.
I've been playing some form of shalya for 3 years now since it's release on OS. I was one of the first closed beta testers on OS. There is a large lvl of boredom that I do experience with the game. The one thing that does always bring me back is the potential of exciting and great pvp. We all know that it has tons of potential when done right.

6.What is your favorite MMO to play, if not shalya?
At this time there is nothing out there that i car playing. I dont care for grind fests. I'm a father of 3 amazing, young children so financially, I'm not really able to play a pay to play game. So, in the past 3 years I have dabled in many different games, but shalya based games have brought me back - and D-Water is where I'm at.

4Constructive Input Please Empty Re: Constructive Input Please Tue Nov 23, 2010 8:11 pm

[GA]rink245

[GA]rink245
Game Ambassador
Game Ambassador

-Being the only Ep4 server it seems out there, that's a plus for this server. Most Ep5 servers are junk. Exp rates are fair, nothing challenging, but still takes some time.
-Something else I like is the fact that if someone has a nub moment which we all do at times, especially in pvp if someone drops a weapon, most of the time players just return it w/o asking for anything.

-Good gear seems to drop way to easily and defeats the purpose of boss farming.
-Lack of "community" atmosphere that I find on other shalya Pservers and MMO's in general.

I think Mesh nailed this one on the spot. BfDw has a great farming market. It's rather easy to get gear. However, any PvP fanatic would probably leave this server due to the lack of good PvP.

Hmm. I guess Regix got me here back for Closed Beta Testing, which was surprisingly over 6 months ago. Wow. I had previously played other Pservers, but I was getting bored of the general heavy use of Lapisia and Nosses. I thought this server had good rates and lack of Nosses and Lapisia, I was hoping for some good PvP.

-Yeah, shalya becomes stale after a while if you log in and don't do anything. There's really not much Pservers can offer in terms of expansions, so they have to be really good at what they do currently to keep players. So I guess the biggest question, is how can you keep it entertaining?

-Dungeon Fighter Online. Wish there was a Pserver out there as the commercial is somewhat long grind, and requires a lot of $$$ out of pockets to get full experience. What I like about it there though, it's different for a MMO. It's a 2D fighter for lack of other words. PvP there, is really based on skill. I've seen low leveled people completely destroy a high leveled character that was "purchased" for lack of other words.

Last edited by [GA]rink245 on Thu Nov 25, 2010 3:19 pm; edited 1 time in total

5Constructive Input Please Empty Re: Constructive Input Please Tue Nov 23, 2010 9:40 pm

404error

404error
here's my two cents
here's my two cents

being based on pvp and no enchanting/nossing
it seems that only one side wants to pvp at a given time so its been a while since ive seen some good pvp. 7s are pretty op no lies, but ive gotten to a point where i can survive long enough with pots to kill someone.
cant really think of anything except more consistent pvp i guess
i moved from os because of uber enchanting ruined shayia lol. when im doing 1-100 damage on someone and they are hitting me for 4k... something isnt right here. oh yea, and CONSTANTLY getting pkd and hunted while grinding in anywhere above lan. hence why i dont kill grinders lol
grinding in general i dont feel like anymore. i absolutely love to pvp though which never gets boring.
id have to say its a toss up between shayia and kingdom heroes

6Constructive Input Please Empty Re: Constructive Input Please Tue Nov 23, 2010 10:38 pm

matt441

Anti-Social
Anti-Social

1. What aspects of BfDW do you like? The active GM's/GA's and no noss or enchants.

2. What about BfDW do you not like? much to easy to get 60 gear and not much pvp recently.

3. What is missing from this server that would make you play on another server? Lack of pvp is making people leave, and i think flash rings should be added to game at a low drop rate

4. If you moved from another server to BfDW, what motivated you to make that switch? Got bored of OS and evo got closed so i came here.

5. Has the game itself (even on OS) became stale? That is, you're simply tired of playing shalya in any form. i still think shalya is a brilliant game my favourite MMO.

6. What is your favorite MMO to play, if not shalya? Don't play any others.

7Constructive Input Please Empty Re: Constructive Input Please Tue Nov 23, 2010 11:11 pm

DeathGlare

DeathGlare
I can Talk
I can Talk

1. What aspects of BfDW do you like? the active gm's/ga's and the xp rate

2. What about BfDW do you not like? when there is no one on...and plvl/grinding for 2+ hours

3. What is missing from this server that would make you play on another server? lack of ppl playing/pvping

4. If you moved from another server to BfDW, what motivated you to make that switch? step-dad (aka Nuts)

5. Has the game itself (even on OS) became stale? That is, you're simply tired of playing shalya in any form. when grinding/plvl for 2+ hours...or logging on and no one is on or everyone is on but they just standing around doing nothing

6. What is your favorite MMO to play, if not shalya? if it wasnt for shalya, i might have gone back to runescape lmao

8Constructive Input Please Empty Re: Constructive Input Please Wed Nov 24, 2010 8:50 am

[GA]Killa420

[GA]Killa420
Game Ambassador
Game Ambassador

What aspects of BfDW do you like? GM's and GA's that are fair and random boss spawns/events.
What about BfDW do you not like? not enough ppl and pvp. and not enough hard mobs/guards to kill in new map.

What is missing from this server that would make you play on another server? pvp

If you moved from another server to BfDW, what motivated you to make that switch? this server doesn't have enchants and my friends are here.

Has the game itself (even on OS) became stale? That is, you're simply tired of playing shalya in any form. yes, been playing so long that there's not much challenge to it anymore besides farming and improving your gear. Could use more upper lvl quests, for soloing and parties alike. Or even make it be possible to lvl to 70. would give us more to do. (new maps with new quests in new pvp zones)

What is your favorite MMO to play, if not shalya? Aion, although I don't have time for it.

9Constructive Input Please Empty Re: Constructive Input Please Sat Nov 27, 2010 7:01 pm

[GA]rink245

[GA]rink245
Game Ambassador
Game Ambassador

So one way to make the BfDw experience really stand out would be to offer something new an unique to the players. Here's something I just want to bounce off some people.

Within the Ep4 database, there's a lot of maps that aren't used period. So what if the server would make a few of them use able? Stick some interesting bosses or so on the maps and bam something new to offer. Could even make it more interesting and make it have requirements to get to the new map. Take out a boss, or hold some relics to get the map open (talking Jungle/DD1 Ep3 style). Or anything else to get a different atmosphere and make BfDw unique.

10Constructive Input Please Empty Re: Constructive Input Please Sun Nov 28, 2010 4:03 am

SurfinBird

SurfinBird
Am i making any sense??
Am i making any sense??

I like the times when you needed to have Med in order to enter the maps. I wouldn't mind seeing the Altars made harder to kill so people couldn't pop them so easy solo and to have them as a key for opening the Jung/DD maps.

11Constructive Input Please Empty Ideas For Battle For Dwater [GAME] Thu Jan 13, 2011 8:36 am

KozzieH

KozzieH
Forum Noob
Forum Noob

Ideas For Battle For Dwater [GAME]

What aspects of BfDW do you like?
- Eh .. i like the armor's alot. The x100 EXP rate is alot better than the orginal shalya.

What about BfDW do you not like?
- Hmm .. i like every thing on here, except the bugs!

What is missing from this server that would make you play on another server?
- The skills, you should get that as we can get to Max. Lv. 5 at all the skills, or .. some one of it. Like the Prayer, Aura Of Peach, Leader Ship, and all the buffs and etc.. You should and add the attack skills too, for all.

If you moved from another server to BfDW, what motivated you to make that switch?
- No. .. it may well be that you have not fix that thing? Or .. I chop bearing.

Has the game itself (even on OS) became stale? That is, you're simply tired of playing shalya in any form.
- Nope .. I'm not. Or .. what do you mean by this question?

What is your favorite MMO to play, if not shalya?
- WolfTeam .. Very Happy

- KozzieH

http://angels-heaven.guildlaunch.com/

12Constructive Input Please Empty Re: Constructive Input Please Thu Jan 13, 2011 2:57 pm

[GA]rink245

[GA]rink245
Game Ambassador
Game Ambassador

KozzieH wrote:Ideas For Battle For Dwater [GAME]

What is missing from this server that would make you play on another server?
- The skills, you should get that as we can get to Max. Lv. 5 at all the skills, or .. some one of it. Like the Prayer, Aura Of Peach, Leader Ship, and all the buffs and etc.. You should and add the attack skills too, for all.

- KozzieH

Well I can tell you, right now Battle For Dwater is in Ep4 still so we don't even have access to the Ep5 skills. The GM's could make skills here match to the Ep5 levels, but they would also have to fix some other things to equate for the damage those skills dish out.

13Constructive Input Please Empty Re: Constructive Input Please Thu Jan 13, 2011 3:22 pm

DeathGlare

DeathGlare
I can Talk
I can Talk

[GA]rink245 wrote:So one way to make the BfDw experience really stand out would be to offer something new an unique to the players. Here's something I just want to bounce off some people.

Within the Ep4 database, there's a lot of maps that aren't used period. So what if the server would make a few of them use able? Stick some interesting bosses or so on the maps and bam something new to offer. Could even make it more interesting and make it have requirements to get to the new map. Take out a boss, or hold some relics to get the map open (talking Jungle/DD1 Ep3 style). Or anything else to get a different atmosphere and make BfDw unique.

i like this idea a lot... taking relics to unlock map...and it would make the server more unique

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum