Battle for Dwater
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The old BfDW forum - no game, just talk

You are not connected. Please login or register

Ongoing Issues with GH/GRB

4 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Ongoing Issues with GH/GRB Empty Ongoing Issues with GH/GRB Wed Oct 27, 2010 9:50 am

Sparta

Sparta
Anti-Social
Anti-Social

As we all know there have been an ongoing issue with GRB ranking which effects those who have Guild houses!! Every week there is a GRB that is held on Sunday and its to show on how your guild performs as a whole to produce as many points as you can in a one hours time. Depending on the amount of points you collect determines on where you rank as a guild. This ranking determines what benefits you receive to your Guild house that your GL purchases. The problem at hand is there are guilds that go to the grb every week to rank to the top ten so that we can receive these benefits and that's not happening. We are not receiving what we need to keep our guildies interested in staying. This is something that needs to be looked at soon.
Now we have been told by several GA/GM's that this issue is being worked on, and that was a great solution for the last couple of months. But now i fear as a GL that solution is not working anymore for our guildies. There have been other solutions brought to the table such as for each guild house here there would be 40k of etin given to them. That's a great idea!!! Only problem to that is if your not placed into the proper ranking order you would not be able to enjoy the benefits of having that much Etin. Another temporary solution has come about in the last couple of days and that is well for those who have Guild houses they may be able to receive full benefits to their house until the issue is resolved. That sounds like a wonderful solution or fix to the issue. My question is this can it be done and can it be done very soon, for i fear the worst will happen. Our guildies will soon lose interest to this server and leave. I am sure no one wants that to happen so can a solution be made quickly please??

2Ongoing Issues with GH/GRB Empty Re: Ongoing Issues with GH/GRB Wed Oct 27, 2010 11:34 am

[GM]Megaslayer

[GM]Megaslayer
Admin
Admin

We have tried to implement a permanent fix to resolve this problem, but each time we attempt it more problems are created and the primary issue still isn't fixed. I proposed the idea of all those with guild houses be able to receive full benefits. I will talk with our lead tech to see if that is feasible process from his end. ATM we must manually open the guild houses after GRB for access to be gained. Believe me, we don't like having you or ourselves go through this hassle.

We would welcome other possibilities, for instance: what is it that guild like so much about the guild house? We might be able to provide those items in another fashion so as to provide access to all while we work towards the permanent solution.

GRB/GH's definitely seem to be the thorn in our side atm.

3Ongoing Issues with GH/GRB Empty Re: Ongoing Issues with GH/GRB Wed Oct 27, 2010 2:54 pm

[GA]rink245

[GA]rink245
Game Ambassador
Game Ambassador

So let me get what you are saying. In order to play this server, you need to have a guild with a functional GWH? How about the time when these things didn't exist, that didn't stop people from playing shalya. So this remains the same.

Guild Houses are and always will be, a luxury.

It's not a necessity to play the game. Yes, they are very convenient, but you can get by and have a blast playing this server without having a GWH. I have been playing here since the start, and well, I just recently got into a Guild with a GWH, and I never use it.

Basically, what I'm saying is, there is no point to keep making these topics. All you will get is the same response. GM's are working on it. Sit patiently till they are done. Unlike other servers, the GM's here are doing this for the fun of it. Basically we are all playing in Mow's sandbox if you need a better analogy. They don't have one single guy who can sit down for hours strait and afford to work on this problem 24/7 till it's fixed.

4Ongoing Issues with GH/GRB Empty Re: Ongoing Issues with GH/GRB Wed Oct 27, 2010 4:57 pm

Sparta

Sparta
Anti-Social
Anti-Social

First of all i would like to thank GM Mega for his response to this issue. As for GA Rink and your response to i am a bit taken back by your comment. As a GA i would have thought you of all people would like thinking as a team. Instead you clearly demonstrated just the opposite. You say its a Luxury to have a guild house, ok i will go along with that. Its also a luxury to have or own a million dollar house too. But what good is it if you cant get into the house, or be able to use anything in the house once you get in?? Yes having a fully functional guild house is a luxury and for a loner like yourself i can understand you not wanting or in fact needing a luxury such as this. As for the rest of us who like the luxury of having our gate keepers all in one spot, or being able to go to the Med Merchant and buy at lower cost, whatever pots we need or want, or being able to use our rank 1 blacksmith and get a higher % in linking then the rest of the blacksmiths should not go without. It's every guilds reward to get these things by participation in the GRB's and ranking high enough to receive these as you call them luxuries. What i am talking about is part of every shalya that exists out there on every server. Take that luxury away from them and see what happens!!! I think a point has been made here!!!

5Ongoing Issues with GH/GRB Empty Re: Ongoing Issues with GH/GRB Wed Oct 27, 2010 5:27 pm

regix

regix
Tipsy is my idol
Tipsy is my idol

ok if you have a million dollar house that you can't get into just don't invest in it anymore and drop it ... and a GWH isn't needed and teh BS is a whopping 2% more at rank 1 ... won't change anything ... only good thing about GWH are teh great pots / gate keepers otherwise it's completely useless

and that's from a player perspective ...

6Ongoing Issues with GH/GRB Empty Re: Ongoing Issues with GH/GRB Wed Oct 27, 2010 5:48 pm

[GM]Megaslayer

[GM]Megaslayer
Admin
Admin

We are going to do what we can to make the benefits available to players. I can understand the perspective and I had forgotten the convenience of gatekeepers for cheap and quick travel. I don't get in game much anymore so I rely more on our players to help me see the perspective so that I can work with the team to brainstorm ideas.

7Ongoing Issues with GH/GRB Empty Re: Ongoing Issues with GH/GRB Wed Oct 27, 2010 5:57 pm

[GA]rink245

[GA]rink245
Game Ambassador
Game Ambassador

Ok I think you misunderstood my point, Sparta. I'm not a loaner. I've always been in a guild since I started playing this server back in July. However, I just recently got into a guild that has one running.

The point I'm making is, don't be stupid with the GWH's either at the moment. If you have really valuable stuff, you store it in your personal WH. That way you can always get to it. And yes, it sucks to have the GWH and not get into it, but like Mega and I said, the GM's are working on it as much as they can. And I highly doubt many people will be leaving because they can't work. And I'm not saying it's bad to have the luxury either. Just enjoy the game with what you can for now.

And as Regix pointed out, 2% really isn't that much of a boost with the blacksmith. The Pots are lovely, and I never have said these things are bad. GWH's are only as important as you make them be.

However, one last thing. As Mega pointed out, the GM's are always looking for suggestions from the players. So, a huge amount of topics about this wont really help.

That's all I'm saying on this topic.

8Ongoing Issues with GH/GRB Empty Re: Ongoing Issues with GH/GRB Mon Nov 01, 2010 7:25 am

Sparta

Sparta
Anti-Social
Anti-Social

Much thanks to your comment GA Rink on thinking a subject like this was stupid i lost my most loyal guildies to whom i have played with for a long time now to another server (Exile) and i am forced now to disband my guild do to the lack of experienced players. Maybe there should be a poll for those who choose to leave and why....Your doubts may really be a reality.

9Ongoing Issues with GH/GRB Empty Re: Ongoing Issues with GH/GRB Mon Nov 01, 2010 2:11 pm

regix

regix
Tipsy is my idol
Tipsy is my idol

you know you don't have to disband a guild since it has a bunch of inexperienced people but instead experience them and make them people you want to play with ... isn't that actually the main point of a guild for people to get together and build a semi-relationship / help with skills

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum