Battle for Dwater
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The old BfDW forum - no game, just talk

You are not connected. Please login or register

How much Dex is to much?

5 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1How much Dex is to much? Empty How much Dex is to much? Wed Oct 20, 2010 4:49 pm

Oyobi

I can Talk
I can Talk

So I was wondering how much Dex is needed for max hit and evade. Also would high Dex help evade critical hits if opponents Dex is lower then mine?

2How much Dex is to much? Empty Re: How much Dex is to much? Wed Oct 20, 2010 4:55 pm

regix

regix
Tipsy is my idol
Tipsy is my idol

1. dex max evasion is never maxed unless you can get 999999 more dex than your opponent but it's good usually to stop at about 400 - 500
2. if your opponent can't land a hit they can't crit that hit so add more dex after that will make you weaker but you'll need a good chunk more than your opponent before that comes really into effect ( about 300 - 400 more) but EP4 is biased to Hunters / Fighters with the concentrate buffs so in the end it all fails however if this were to be an ep5 server 400 dex - 500 will do a lot of evasion (regular or crit) so basically it's screwed up atm in ep4

3How much Dex is to much? Empty Re: How much Dex is to much? Wed Oct 20, 2010 6:12 pm

[GA]rink245

[GA]rink245
Game Ambassador
Game Ambassador

Most people have around 400 DEX here. So aim for that and a bit more if you want to dodge some more. Big Coup is a bonus as well if you play a hunter/assassin as you get a massive DEX boost from it.

4How much Dex is to much? Empty Re: How much Dex is to much? Wed Oct 20, 2010 9:22 pm

Oyobi

I can Talk
I can Talk

Thanks alot for the info. ^_^ *hugs*

5How much Dex is to much? Empty Re: How much Dex is to much? Mon Oct 25, 2010 10:53 am

[GM]Megaslayer

[GM]Megaslayer
Admin
Admin

Oyobi wrote:So I was wondering how much Dex is needed for max hit and evade. Also would high Dex help evade critical hits if opponents Dex is lower then mine?

I'll start with some of the basics. Dex itself is too singular and therefore we must add a perspective to it. Dex has passive and active components (i.e skills / buffs) which play a large factor in end game evasion efforts.

Some generalities (well tested):

Rangers / Assassins followed by Mages / Pagans and Priests / Oracles have the best evasion potential.

I would never consider evasion based builds for Archers / Hunters or Warriors / Fighters. They have no natural passive buff like the previous mentioned classes to build upon. I could lump Defenders / Guardians here as they are closer to the end of this spectrum, but they have a few evasion tricks... not that they really need them.

A Fighter / Warrior with 400-450 Dex misses very little. Tests were done against a ranger with 1k Dex and the Fighter was still able to land hit's 50% of the time. A 1k Dex ranger puts out little dmg, thusly only prolonged death with no real advantage.

The reality is you can't build a toon to bank on evasion alone save maybe a Ranger / Assassin, but even that is debatable.

Your second question about Dex evading critical hits:

Yes and No, if you evade a hit entirely... you might have avoided a crit. Luc gives you crit evasion at a rate of 5% crit evasion for each (100)? luc you have. I believe that has been tested and accepted. This was essentially the platform that supported the 600 Luc Archer / Hunter builds. Going over the 475 Luc most considered to be cookie-cutter.

475 Luc for crit evasion purposes = 95% crit ( ~24% crit evasion)
600 Luc for crit evasion purposes = 120% crit (30% crit evasion)

475 Luc Archer vs: 600 Luc Archer

95% crit (475 Luc) - 30% crit evasion (600 Luc) = 65% crit
120% crit (600 Luc) - 24% crit evasion (475 Luc) = 96(95%) crit

Essentially the 600 Luc archer lost none of his potency suffering a bit lower atk power. The 475 Luc build loses 1/3 of hit crit capabilities.

On Evo i used to run a priest with 600 dex and 900 Def. It was amazingly durable and quite a bit of fun.

The more you can specify about what direction you're aiming to go, the easier it will be for us to help.

GL

6How much Dex is to much? Empty Re: How much Dex is to much? Mon Oct 25, 2010 1:46 pm

Oyobi

I can Talk
I can Talk

Thanks Mega. and I really can't specify what direction I'm aiming for because I have an Assassin, Hunter, and Warrior; so I was wondering how much Dex was to much since i hear 400 is an ideal amount. As for having building a toon for evasion, which Assassin/Ranchers are best, there just to annoy. Thanks again Mega for what you posted. *hugs*

7How much Dex is to much? Empty Re: How much Dex is to much? Mon Oct 25, 2010 2:14 pm

regix

regix
Tipsy is my idol
Tipsy is my idol

not 100% sure on this but he said MAX dodge / hit which is 999999 more dex than your opponent but the Hunter >Guard thing makes no sense unless you mean you need more dex on a hunter than a guard because a gaurd has % based moves so dex isn't needed for that which is true but you may want to clarify some of that :/

8How much Dex is to much? Empty Re: How much Dex is to much? Mon Oct 25, 2010 3:32 pm

[GA]comatose

[GA]comatose
Game Ambassador
Game Ambassador

I've deleted certain posts/quotes from this thread as they were uninformative and/or uncalled for

http://battle-for-dwater.net16.net/

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum