The old BfDW forum - no game, just talk

You are not connected. Please login or register

YOU WANT DP ?????????????

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1YOU WANT DP ????????????? Empty YOU WANT DP ????????????? on Tue Jan 04, 2011 3:48 pm

[GM]Thor

[GM]Thor
Admin
Admin
Well here is what you have to do !

Make a Epic i mean EPIC ! Nuubs guide ....

From where to Create a account all the way to where to lvl , even Boss locations and even some of there times they might spawn ( IE : Kimu is in the 3 lvl of D2 , he has a 12 hour spawn time , What Drops ? between 1-3 Eles )

i mean everything !

Help us get our Nuubs on track !

The more Detailed the better off you will be ! ( THE MORE DP I WILL GIVE YOU )

we will even post your Post on our Front page so they dont have to go looking ( cause hey they are Nuubs ! )

What..... takes to long , How about i toss in 1 GM link and we will give you a special Tag before your Name ?

sounds like a deal ? does to me ..... Get to work your Forum junkies ! and hey Please add Pictures and SS if you must , like i said" the more Detail - the more DP "

Event Ends Feb 1st !

2YOU WANT DP ????????????? Empty Re: YOU WANT DP ????????????? on Tue Jan 04, 2011 3:55 pm

[GA]rink245

[GA]rink245
Game Ambassador
Game Ambassador
Hmmm sounds interesting. Want AoL and UoF in the Guide?

3YOU WANT DP ????????????? Empty Re: YOU WANT DP ????????????? on Tue Jan 04, 2011 4:43 pm

[GM]Thor

[GM]Thor
Admin
Admin
Yep , from start Getting a Account . all the way to Finish , where to link and even down to how to get Dp . the more bases you cover the better your DP prize !

4YOU WANT DP ????????????? Empty Re: YOU WANT DP ????????????? on Wed Jan 05, 2011 2:56 am

crossibow5

crossibow5
Hi! I'm Banned!
Hi! I'm Banned!
i have the dungeon guides and abit more on this link - http://www.kurtbilisim.com/en/shalya/3d-maps.php . that is NOT made by me but hope it helps Very Happy yay for not necroing this time Razz
you can find much boss locations AND spawn-times. hope i helped Very Happy

5YOU WANT DP ????????????? Empty Re: YOU WANT DP ????????????? on Wed Jan 05, 2011 2:49 pm

[GA]rink245

[GA]rink245
Game Ambassador
Game Ambassador
Yeah but considering making the guide requires your own work that will at least help some people make a guide but wont get you much of anything. =P anyway I'll be posting a little template of what I usually do for a guide to see if it helps anyone write theirs.

6YOU WANT DP ????????????? Empty Re: YOU WANT DP ????????????? on Wed Jan 05, 2011 6:01 pm

[GA]rink245

[GA]rink245
Game Ambassador
Game Ambassador
I was bored so I made a rough draft of what I would do with a guide.

Battle for Dwater Beginner Guide

So you just downloaded the game and are ready to get going but you don't know what to do. It's pretty simple and this guide will walk you through getting an account set up, making your first character, and finally where to go to level up and get new gear.

[Table of Contents]

This is for your ease of finding things in the guide. First, press CTRL + F then type in the code (letters between the "[]") provided below to instantly skip to the section of the walk-through.

[CTRLS] - Controls and Hot Keys
[WLKCA] - Creating an Account
[WLK01] - Creating Your First Character
[WLK01a] - Description of Classes
[WLK02] - Now the Fun can Begin (Lv's 1-10)
[WLK03] - Let's Get Grinding (Lv's 1-15)
[WLK04] - (Lv's 16-25)
[WLK05] - (Lv's 25-30)
[WLK06] - (Lv's 30-35)
[WLK07] - (Lv's 35-40)
[WLK08] - (Lv's 38-48)
[WLK09] - (Lv's 47-53)
[WLK10] - (Lv's 52-58)
[WLK11] - Let's Wrap this Party Up (Lv's 57-60)
[HNT00] - Hints and Tips about the Game
[HNT01] - The Shiny Gems called Lapis
[HNT02] - Getting Gear for those Shiny Lapis (Weapons and Armor)
[HNT03] - Churning Out the Damage (Skills and Stat Points)
[HNT04] - PAAAAAAAAAARTTYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY CAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAALL (About Party Play)
[HNT05] - You, Sir, Are a Dead Man (PvP)
[HNT06] - Goddess Love (Getting Bless)
[HNT07] - That SOB killed me!!! (Resurrecting Dead Characters)
[HNT08] - Guilds
[FAQ] - Frequently Asked Questions

----

[CTRLS] - Controls, Hotkeys and the Heads Up Display (HUD)
*coming soon*

And without further ado, let us begin.

[WLKCA] - Creating an Account
- Alright so first thing first, let's make an account. We have two different accounts here. One logs onto the forums, while the other logs into the game. I'll show you where you can make a game account. The forum accounts are pretty easy to access. Head to the forums to make one, by clicking on register near the top of the page. It's pretty elementary so if you still need help, just hunt someone down. Anyway head to the Dwater Barracks (https://battle-for-dwater.forumotion.com/portal.htm). It looks like this:

YOU WANT DP ????????????? Registerpage

OK, so as you can see I conveniently highlighted the link for making an account for logging into the game. So you need to click on to make your game account is the one in the upper left list that says "Create Account".

When you click the link, you will find yourself on a screen like this.

YOU WANT DP ????????????? Createaccount

Pretty simple, just fill out the forms. For this example, "trollnub" will be the account name, and "******" will be the password. *note not actual password. Finally, put in the security code, click submit and your account will be created. *Note: Sometimes people have trouble getting to the security code using some internet browsers. I've had the most success with FireFox while the most trouble seems to have been with Internet Explorer. Try switching browsers if you have trouble with this.

[WLK01] - Creating Your First Character
- Alright, now we're ready to get this game running. When you installed the game, you should have a icon installed on your desktop. click that and you'll open the updater. Now's the fun part when the game has to update. If this is your first time playing, there will be several downloads from all the patches that have been installed into the game. So now you can head to that other link on the Dwater Barracks and create a Forum account and browse the forums while you wait for the update. Or get some food, or something like that.

After a few minutes of downloads, the game should be finished updating which is signified by the two bars filled up, and the "Game Start" button should be glowing white. So click on "Game Start" and you're in.

YOU WANT DP ????????????? Gamestart

Give the game a little time to boot up, and you'll reach this screen.

YOU WANT DP ????????????? Unnpw

Enter your user name and password in their respective places. In this case you can see I have entered "trollnub" and my password "******" into their spaces. Hit "OK" and you'll be taken to a screen that will have you select the server. Make sure Battle for Dwater is highlighted and select the Go button. Now you'll get to this screen:

This is the faction selection screen. PvP in shalya is done between two factions, the Alliance of Light (AoL) and the Union of Fury (UoF). There's some benefits to each side, but they are small so it doesn't really matter which one you chose. For this tutorial, I'm choosing the Alliance of Light. So these tutorials will be walking through the AoL, and even though the UoF Map's look different, the basic rules of grinding (leveling) will still be there. If you so desire to change factions, you first must delete all your characters then the game will take you back to the faction select screen.

YOU WANT DP ????????????? Faction

Ok so we selected our faction and we come to the character selection screen. You can make up to five characters total. To make a new character select the button "Create".

YOU WANT DP ????????????? Characterselection

Now we get moved to this screen:

YOU WANT DP ????????????? Character

- Name - Pretty simple, enter the name of your character. You can use numbers, letters, and "_" "-", and maybe some other symbols, but most can't be used.
- Race - Elf or Human? The race depends on what classes you can play. Humans are Fighters/Defenders/Priest, while Elves are Archers/Rangers/Mages.
- Sex - Self explanitory. Do you want to be a male or female character?
- Mode - This is where you get to select your mode of the Character.

>Easy - The easiest mode to level in, but you are capped at level 30.

>Normal - Harder to level than easy, but more Stat and Skill Points are available.

>Hard - Slower than normal, but again, you can hit harder than either of the two classes before. This is the mode that is recommended to start here. Get your character to level 30 in this mode to unlock . . .

>Ultimate - Strongest Class in the game. Also you have access to some skills, gear, and weapons not available to other modes. However, if you die in this mode and you don't have a ressurection rune on you, your character will get deleted if a priest or an oracle cannot ressurect you in three (3) minutes.

[WLK01a]
- Class Selection - So really this is where you can choose what class you wish to play on the server. Next to each class, I'll be putting a difficulty rating, determining how hard it would be to level. E = Easy, M = Medium, H = Hard. *Note: this has nothing to do with the mode you choose

>Fighter/Warrior [E] - Well rounded character and probably the best class to chose for a beginner. Damage is good, and you have a high Damage Per Second (DPS), and the ability to Area of Effect (AoE) monsters which means you can take out multiple mobs with one move.

>Defender/Guardian [M] - The tank class of shalya. If you go with the simplest build with this class, you can take on multiple mobs at once, without much fear of dying. However, if you choose the defensive path, you would do little or no damage to most monsters. (Mobs). If you want to do a defensive build, then make sure to party with people to make your life easier to level.

>Priest/Oracle [M] - The medic class of shalya, and if you choose to use a medic build, you will find your self doing little damage on mobs, and having to search for a party constantly. You can do a damage build on a priest, but they will lose their medic ability.

>Mage/Pagan [M] - Ah, the magic, glass cannon class of shalya. Expect to do massive damage with a high AoE rate with this class, but you lose durability and you will go down in very few hits. Best teamed with a Defender.

>Ranger/Assassin [H] - This class really sucks to level with at the mid levels. Rangers do not have much of any AoE skills, and they don't have an extremely high DPS either. One mob at a time can get slow at times. However, arguelably one of the best classes in PvP.

>Archer/Hunter [H] - Like the Rangers and Assassins, these bowmen will find themselves having long grinds. Lack of AoE skills and only one DPS move can make for some long fights. Also the fact that they have a damage reduction when mobs come in to close range, makes some long fights due to constant kiting.
>>Rangers and Archers have one advantage though. They can solo really easily, and don't need a party to level up. The gem about these classes is they can work amazing together. So if you are one of the two, go find the other and be amazed.

OK, now we have our class, name, mode and we are ready to roll. Hit Create and you'll find yourself back on the character selection screen. Select your character and press, "Game Start" to begin.

[WLK02] - Now the Fun can Begin (Lv's 1-10)

Alright so, character created and all that jazz, after the loading screen, you will find yourself in your staring city. For humans, it's Beika and for Elves, it's Albelgeau.

YOU WANT DP ????????????? Shaiya0000

First things first, let's go kill some mobs! Head out from your starting position and you should see some Foxes and Monkeys. I suggest going after the monkeys first since they are slightly easier. To attack simple move your cursor over the monkey and left click when the cursor changes to a sword. Kill it and you'll level up. There is a set amount of experience needed to level up and that can be seen by hovering your cursor over the bar in the bottom left (the blue one). When you get a level up you get some stat points and skill points to distribute. (More on this in section [HNT03]). If you hit "T" you'll pull up your stats screen. Go to the add Stats Tab and use the "+" and "-" to distribute your stats. Generally if you are physical class, use str/dex for your build, and if you are magic, use int/wis. Defenders generally roll full REC and priest (if they aren't attacking) use a lot of Wis. So what you are going to be doing is killing mobs to gain experience (exp) to level up. There's 59 levels to unlock so expect it to take some time to get to 60, the max level.

YOU WANT DP ????????????? Shaiya0001

YOU WANT DP ????????????? Shaiya0004

Stats and Skill menus.

Alright so now you can continue killing monkey's and foxes around here till you hit level 5 or 6. Why 5 or 6? Well I'm sure when you hit that point you'll notice the mob's names start changing color.

YOU WANT DP ????????????? Shaiya0002

Rule of Thumb here -> Exp progress like this, white to gray.

White, Light Blue, Dark Blue, Green, Yellow, Orange, Red, Purple, Gray

Green is the standard Exp/Difficulty gain. To the left of green, the mobs are easier, but give less exp. All the colors to the right of green, give better exp, but are harder to kill. Gray and White are special. They don't give any exp if you kill them, so try to stay away from those.

Also you may be noticing things dropping on the ground after a mob dies.

>Gold Stacks - Drop gold. Use this to buy gear.
>Item Sacks - These contain random items, from potions to restore HP, MP, SP to random junk to sell to NPC's for gold.
>Chests - These bad boys contain free gear, which can be better than gear you buy in NPC's. You can right click on a piece of gear you pick up to see if it's compatible with you or not. Or you can look on the gear and you'll see some things like "Level too Low" or "Different Class" in red. If you see that, you can't use the gear, otherwise slap it on and power yourself up.

I suggest moving south killing green mobs where you can. Around level 8 you can head to the dwarves in the North West corner (the Mine) for some good exp till level 10.

YOU WANT DP ????????????? Shaiya0003

Congrats you have hit Level 10! Now there's a few changes to the game:
>You've unlocked the ability to talk on Trade Chat (A chat that is accessible to all people on your faction)
>You can now lose EXP if you die. Yes, that's right, if that green bar (bless) in the bottom right corner of the screen isn't at 50% or more, then you will lose exp if you die in Hard Mode.
>Generally after this level, mobs will attack you instead of waiting for you to attack them. So be careful when killing mobs.

Now let's move to harder mobs. Hit enter to open up your chat window. Now type "/town" in the box and hit enter. After 10 seconds if you don't move, or attack, or be attacked, you will warp back to Beika (provided you are at the dwarves).

YOU WANT DP ????????????? Shaiya0005

Now go find the NPC standing by the big circle, gate looking thing. She will have a tag above her head saying "Gate Keeper". Learn where these guys are. They save you much time from walking around. However, all gate keepers off this first map will charge you gold for using them. However, this one is free so let's use it to head to Keolloseu.

YOU WANT DP ????????????? Shaiya0007

[WLK03] - Let's Get Grinding (Lv's 10-15)
Alright, now being 10 or 11 head north of Keolloseu to the Deaf Big Bears. I realize at this level, the Deaf Bears are Yellow, but they aren't too hard. If you need to use pots, most classes will have some in their inventory (the red apples restore HP). Now dispatch these bad boys till you hit 15 and head back to Keolloseau.

YOU WANT DP ????????????? Shaiya0008

Now that you're 15, you can do a few things. At level 15 you can try to do some PvP if you so desire. The portal for this is here, in the west part of Keolloseu.

YOU WANT DP ????????????? Shaiya0009

Alright now grab some potions if desired, and let's head out to our next location!

[WLK04] - (Lv's 16-25)
*coming soon*

[WLK05] - (Lv's 25-30)
*coming soon*

[WLK06] - (Lv's 30-35)
*coming soon*

[WLK07] - (Lv's 35-40)
*coming soon*

[WLK08] - (Lv's 38-48)
*coming soon*

[WLK09] - (Lv's 47-53)
*coming soon*

[WLK10] - (Lv's 52-58)
*coming soon*

[WLK11] - Let's Wrap this Party Up (Lv's 57-60)
*coming soon*

[HNT00] - Hints and Tips about the Game
Here's some useful information I may not have touched on in the grinding guide.

[HNT01] - The Shiny Gems called Lapis
*coming soon*

[HNT02] - Getting Gear for those Shiny Lapis (Weapons and Armor)
*coming soon*

[HNT03] - Churning Out the Damage (Skills and Stat Points)
*coming soon*

[HNT04] - PAAAAAAAAAARTTYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY CAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAALL (About Party Play)
So you're grinding along killing monsters, but it's going slow and it's chalenging. Why not go find another player to party with you? It's pretty simple. First, go find another character:

YOU WANT DP ????????????? Shaiya0010
"Oh, she looks strong"

Next, run over to that character and right click on them pulling up the menu.

YOU WANT DP ????????????? Shaiya0011
"Common Let's Go!"

If they accept, you are now a party!

YOU WANT DP ????????????? Shaiya0012
"We Are Party!"

You'll now have a green name, and a little dot next to your name. If you have a red dot, you are the party leader, who can invite and also kick people from the party. A yellow dot is just a party member who can't do anything in the party.

Advantages - Easier to kill mobs.
Disadvantages - less exp per mob killed.

Generally, people roll with 2 to 3 people in their parties, but you can have a max of 7 people in your party, which is the ideal party since you get a special 2x bonus when you have a full party.

[HNT05] - You, Sir, Are a Dead Man (PvP)
*coming soon*

[HNT06] - Good Lovin' (Getting Bless)
*coming soon*

[HNT07] - That SOB killed me!!! (Resurrecting Dead Characters)
OK, so you're going along on your UM and then bam either in PvP or grinding you die, but wait that's not all, there's no resurrection runes in your inventory, and you don't have a priest in your party. OH NO! Ah, but all is not lost. Go here http://60.229.252.189/res_toon.html to get your character back on it's feet. The form is pretty self explanatory, however, do be cautious with the last part of the form. I cannot stress how much of a pain it is when you over write a character. And it's free so you can use it whenever you die. However, when you die and have to res this way, your character will be booted from what ever guild he is in. So try to carry res runes.

[HNT08] - Guilds
*coming soon*

-------------

So yeah, I've made a few game guides in the past (not usually for MMORPG's, generally console games), and I know this wont get me anywhere since I'm not technically supposed to enter this =P. However, I thought I'd help some people out since I had nothing better to do during my classes earlier. Here's some tips on writing your guide :

1) Precise language helps. Vagueness doesn't help the reader understand anything if he's lost in the first place.
2) Make a table of contents. I cannot stress how useful this is. It makes it simple for someone to leave, and go back to where they left off. Or if someone wants to jump to the bottom of the guide, they can do it easily.
3) Pictures help. If you have trouble explaining a location in words, post a picture. This is the first guide I've made with pictures, but I found that it was easy to explain something then put a picture up even if the explanation was fairly easy. Plus pictures are pretty idiot proof.
4) No, smileys. They look dumb, and are dumb and just distract the player reading the guide. I suggest no smileys, but if you have to use them, use them sparingly.
5 Don't fill your paragraph up with bolds, underlines, and italics. It makes it hard to read. Try to keep those for titles and section heads.
6) Don't worry about cramming things together. Notice how I split the leveling into sections. I suggest making some sections big, but not too large, however, 1 sentence under a section too can be lacking. There's a balance to find, but it's ultimately up to the writer to find that.
7) This took me about 3 hours to type up, with getting the pictures and all. Don't let that deter you from making the guide though. You have till February to make the guide, so you have time, so don't try to rush this and make it bad.
8 Make sure to have some spaces between paragraphs for ease of reading. There doesn't have to be a line break after every line, but after every paragraph would be nice.
9) Be Consistent in what you do. If you make your sections bold titles, then make sure all of them bold so people can identify where sections start and end. I used [] for my title heads, but that doesn't mean you have to.

That's about all I have right now, and if I think of anything else I'll add it in later. Feel free to use this guide a springboard for your own guide, or just feel free to use the first few sections, but if you do, credit would be appreciated. So yup, bar set, let's see some awesome guides guys.

7YOU WANT DP ????????????? Empty Re: YOU WANT DP ????????????? on Wed Jan 05, 2011 6:23 pm

regix

regix
Tipsy is my idol
Tipsy is my idol
lol win XD

8YOU WANT DP ????????????? Empty Re: YOU WANT DP ????????????? on Thu Jan 06, 2011 5:34 am

crossibow5

crossibow5
Hi! I'm Banned!
Hi! I'm Banned!
omg u saw hard work doing this xD guess that u get most of the DwD's then Sad

9YOU WANT DP ????????????? Empty Re: YOU WANT DP ????????????? on Thu Jan 06, 2011 1:16 pm

[GA]rink245

[GA]rink245
Game Ambassador
Game Ambassador
nah Dub I'm not getting any DwD for this, and it's not a pool of DwD that will be awarded, or at least that's what it seems like. Like I said, more of something of a template if anyone wants to do it, but no one HAS to follow what I wrote here.

10YOU WANT DP ????????????? Empty Re: YOU WANT DP ????????????? on Tue Jan 25, 2011 2:31 pm

[GM]Thor

[GM]Thor
Admin
Admin
Rink is right .... GA's will not be awarded for this , Smile

11YOU WANT DP ????????????? Empty Re: YOU WANT DP ????????????? on Fri Jan 28, 2011 5:34 pm

[GM]Tipsy

[GM]Tipsy
Admin
Admin
Ok you people annoy me. If you don't have anything decent to post then don't post anything.

I have deleted all the posts that have nothing to do with this.

Just try and do this again and then you an I will have a problem. And you don't want a problem with me

siggi by Faith Very Happy
http://battle-for-dwater.net16.net/

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum