Battle for Dwater
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The old BfDW forum - no game, just talk

You are not connected. Please login or register

**Update - Server Up - Investigation continues**

+13
TOOTIE
[GA]TeekaDragon
[GM]Mow
Sparta
peahead09
regix
DAJS60
[GA]LittleNuts
[GM]Thor
Bee
[GA]rink245
[GA]comatose
[GM]Megaslayer
17 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

[GM]Megaslayer

[GM]Megaslayer
Admin
Admin

It seems there is a high calibur hacker(s) that are shutting servers down. We are assessing damage, but preliminarily it looks like an effort to just shut the server down. Other servers have recently underwent similar attacks. We have been in touch with these servers to gain a better understanding of how this has happened so we might take preventative measures so this doesn't happen again.

We are sorry the server is down and we will make every effort to restore it as quick as possible. We will update with further information as it comes to us while we work to resolve this.

In the meantime, we'll let you all brainstorm of what we (admins) can do to make it up to you. We will consider all request within reason... even if we have to sell tipsy.

Thank you sticking this out with us.

Last edited by [GM]Thor on Fri Sep 24, 2010 6:43 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : cause i can !)

[GA]comatose

[GA]comatose
Game Ambassador
Game Ambassador

I'll be willing to mail out 1 orange and 1 walnut to anyone who has felt they have honestly suffered*.

*Proof of said suffering must documented via 3 independent laboratory testing facilities, a note from your mom and a letter from Santa

http://battle-for-dwater.net16.net/

[GA]comatose

[GA]comatose
Game Ambassador
Game Ambassador

and I'll be adding something more 'smart' in a bit

I'm restoring about 4 terabytes of data at work, manually having to write DDL - so I'm a little brain-fried

[GA]rink245

[GA]rink245
Game Ambassador
Game Ambassador

[GA]comatose wrote:and I'll be adding something more 'smart' in a bit

I'm restoring about 4 terabytes of data at work, manually having to write DDL - so I'm a little brain-fried

Ouch that sucks.

Anyway, I say give out free bonus exp for a week again. That should help people out.

Bee

Bee
Am i making any sense??
Am i making any sense??

Mega its one hard hack?
Hackers sucks

[GM]Thor

[GM]Thor
Admin
Admin

We will be working on this all threw the night , if there is no GM in the chatango please understand we are hard at work.

Thanks all for the great understanding !

[GM]Thor

[GA]LittleNuts

[GA]LittleNuts
Game Ambassador
Game Ambassador

This gives everyone some time to experience real life. Go see the sunshine...take a walk....talk to your family.....this list goes on. See ya all when server gets back up.

DAJS60

Anti-Social
Anti-Social

Hmmmm, how about a "Hunt the Haxor" event?

If the GM's can create a few toons with names like "HaxorsSux" and "InNeedOfALife" and run them around the pvp areas, then we could hunt the rascals down and kill them! Would relieve frustrations and they could drop a few goodies before they poofed.

Of course, if you happen to run into a member of the opposing faction you could try to kill them as well. Wink

(Magagement can not be responsible for acts committed during moments of passionate pvp, so please wear protection! Errmmmm conti's, rez runes and PID's ya pervs! I know what you were all thinking. Shame on you!) Very Happy

regix

regix
Tipsy is my idol
Tipsy is my idol

well rink 1 week of Bonus EXP isn't much but maybe do like a week + like 25 hundred DP? or a little something like a week package

peahead09

Anti-Social
Anti-Social

good luck GM's trying to get the server back up Smile

[GA]rink245

[GA]rink245
Game Ambassador
Game Ambassador

Regix wrote:well rink 1 week of Bonus EXP isn't much but maybe do like a week + like 25 hundred DP? or a little something like a week package

I'm not saying we just have to give a week of bonus exp out >.>

Sparta

Sparta
Anti-Social
Anti-Social

I Have been on 2 other servers with this same issue and they had given us like 10dp for the lose.. I would like to make that suggestion because some of us like myself cannot get Dp and it would help with linking and so on.. I keep looking to the item mall but for me its just a dream.. Can you maybe consider this please??

[GM]Mow

[GM]Mow
Admin
Admin

all good to go, the server is up, we will keep investigate to find out what or who caused the problem.
Thanks for the understanding.

14**Update - Server Up - Investigation continues** Empty WE ARE UP !!! Fri Sep 24, 2010 6:42 pm

[GM]Thor

[GM]Thor
Admin
Admin

We are currently up and running , please give all the love to Mow for getting this up in more than a timely mannor !!!!

There will be a on going investigation on what happen and how to make sure this will never happen again , once again on behalf of the team here at BFDW we like to say thanks for playing and enjoy your game !

there will be 2 events When [GM]Thor comes in tomorrow and on sunday ! have fun all and we <3 you all for being more than patience !

[GA]TeekaDragon

[GA]TeekaDragon
Game Ambassador
Game Ambassador

WOOT u rock MOW!!!!!!!

TOOTIE

TOOTIE
here's my two cents
here's my two cents

THANKS MOW YOUR GREAT!!!!!!

M35H

M35H
Am i making any sense??
Am i making any sense??

Mow, and the rest of the GM, we are blessed to have you guys. Keep up the great work.

regix

regix
Tipsy is my idol
Tipsy is my idol

MOW needs some pimptastically sweet Greek God name to be called, like God of Computers or something

F.O.N.D.

Anti-Social
Anti-Social

OK, ideas for "compensation" (not that we need it)...

While a week of boosted exp would be nice, what of those players already at 60, there is nothing for them, unless they make new toons.

I was thinking along the lines of say one(1) OP hammer per account, OR one (1) GM link per account (player would have to supply items to be linked; ie, sonic lapis & boots, flash lapis & weapon...)
OR could go with say 100 DP (500 dp??) per account (or if can trace multiple accouts to one player than per player) enough so we could get stuff, but not so much as say a $10 donantion.

kind of like drugs, give them a little to get them hooked then they keep buying the stuff...

SurfinBird

SurfinBird
Am i making any sense??
Am i making any sense??

Well no such thing as GM link here, but i do like the idea of those OPs you're mentioning. Smile Would be nice gift for all, for people who don;t buy DP as well as for Donators.

2) i like the idea of those drugs you're mentioning rofl

[GM]Thor

[GM]Thor
Admin
Admin

F.O.N.D. wrote:OK, ideas for "compensation" (not that we need it)...

While a week of boosted exp would be nice, what of those players already at 60, there is nothing for them, unless they make new toons.

I was thinking along the lines of say one(1) OP hammer per account, OR one (1) GM link per account (player would have to supply items to be linked; ie, sonic lapis & boots, flash lapis & weapon...)

this is a NO GO , but the DP has already been discussed , please dont worry about the Compensation it is being addressed , and the community will be told on what we have chosen , right now we are working on the server , and more wanting to get you guys back where you want to be , IN GAME

Ty BfDW staff

regix

regix
Tipsy is my idol
Tipsy is my idol

[GM]Thor wrote: IN GAME

then why do we have a forum if you want us in game Suspect

23**Update - Server Up - Investigation continues** Empty Compensation Sun Sep 26, 2010 3:00 am

Lithium

Lithium
I can Talk
I can Talk

Id like to say thank you to the GM's for allowing GODDESS to drop as easy as they do and from freaking rats! Everything you can ever want is easy to get, all the goddess gears, the lapis to link them with and hammers from fortune bags, again all easy to get. I would like be the first to say that I do not need any compensation for the server being down for a little bit while you guys work hard at fixing the problem and would like to thank the GM's for keeping this server up and running and providing the fun for us! Keep up the good work guys your the best!

Lith

Strength and Honor

http://dwater.guildlaunch.com

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum