Battle for Dwater
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The old BfDW forum - no game, just talk

You are not connected. Please login or register

Character Faction Transfers

+7
Skidz
[GA]rink245
[GM]Thor
SurfinBird
Lithium
[GA]LittleNuts
[GM]Megaslayer
11 posters

Would you favor a character faction transfer service?

Character Faction Transfers Vote_lcap280%Character Faction Transfers Vote_rcap2 80% [ 12 ]
Character Faction Transfers Vote_lcap220%Character Faction Transfers Vote_rcap2 20% [ 3 ]
Total Votes : 15

Poll closed

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Character Faction Transfers Empty Character Faction Transfers Sun Sep 19, 2010 11:53 pm

[GM]Megaslayer

[GM]Megaslayer
Admin
Admin

We have been getting a fair amount of inquiries regarding switching factions. Some are players looking for a fresh start while others want to enhance PvP in general. As a result, our techs have discussed the possibility of a faction character transfer. This isn't a simple process to facilitate. Changing a name and class is relatively easy, but gear and lapis are just the opposite. Getting the gear correctly linked to the proper equipment counterparts is a tedious process at best. Given the workload involved this couldn't be a free service like our auto-rez feature and we wouldn't want people jumping back and forth at a whim.

1. Would you be in favor of a service that would allow players to be able to switch factions w/ gear, etc?

2. What would be a fair price in your opinion for such a service?

Let's hear your thoughts.

P.S. This isn't something we want to have to do often, nor some money making scheme. Be assured this is more of a pain on our end, but we want to support our players in their efforts.

2Character Faction Transfers Empty Re: Character Faction Transfers Mon Sep 20, 2010 12:33 am

[GA]LittleNuts

[GA]LittleNuts
Game Ambassador
Game Ambassador

Well in my oppinion if the cost isn't outrageous or the work load too high and good cause for faction change is warrented I say its a good idea. If someone is just trying to be a pain I say no dice.

3Character Faction Transfers Empty switching factions Mon Sep 20, 2010 12:40 am

Lithium

Lithium
I can Talk
I can Talk

Depending on the situation here, is someone wanting to make the switch just in spite of a guild or other selfish reasons or is it for a good cause? If your a furian on this server I feel sorry for you because there arent many of you to help with your faction, so a few ppl switching to help make the server more balanced is a good thing.

http://dwater.guildlaunch.com

4Character Faction Transfers Empty Re: Character Faction Transfers Mon Sep 20, 2010 4:28 am

SurfinBird

SurfinBird
Am i making any sense??
Am i making any sense??

Well, i gotta say, make it possible, but make it limited. I've seen what faction change scroll created, and i don't like it and think noone does. I say approve faction change in case of pvp imbalance, and only in that case, not cause someone is bored. What happened some 2 months on Gaia is that GMs approved a faction change and all major lighty pvpers jumped to us at fury, crapping up pvp and game for everyone. Like i said, i vote for it but only in case of game imbalance in which case it would be helpful.

5Character Faction Transfers Empty Re: Character Faction Transfers Mon Sep 20, 2010 4:32 am

[GM]Thor

[GM]Thor
Admin
Admin

I know i am a GM , but i would switch sides , as long as i got what i put in , this means if i have switch sides and have to pay i want 100% on what i put in , and if i don't have to pay , then i will go the classic route , Trade the goods i have currently for equal or less value , work on leveling before i leave that fraction , and when the time is right , KILL the people that ticked me off on the original fraction ! but hey that is just me Smile

6Character Faction Transfers Empty Re: Character Faction Transfers Mon Sep 20, 2010 5:54 am

[GA]rink245

[GA]rink245
Game Ambassador
Game Ambassador

I'm not really favoring this. Why? Well I just see someone with money not really choosing a faction, just playing on which ever faction will get them more kills. If they want to be on the other faction, then level up a new character. There's enough people on that the task would be rather easy.

7Character Faction Transfers Empty Re: Character Faction Transfers Mon Sep 20, 2010 8:45 am

[GM]Megaslayer

[GM]Megaslayer
Admin
Admin

@22 and rink, given the input which you both are moving towards of some type of restrictions upon it, would slapping a time-frame on it be a good compromise. I agree, I don't want people jumping sides at a whim, but as stated before this won't be a free service given the workload to facilitate it. If there is a clear need for it we could offer the service for a one month period, which is more than ample time if players are pondering the idea. Then close it down and perhaps revisit it 2x a year moving forward.

8Character Faction Transfers Empty Re: Character Faction Transfers Mon Sep 20, 2010 9:55 am

Skidz

Now we talking
Now we talking

I switched factions twice,
and remaking gear completly sucks.

So yeah I /support this.
But like rink said: With Limits

Also another questions: Class switches are also available? Warrior -> Fighter or Warrior -> Ranger

9Character Faction Transfers Empty Re: Character Faction Transfers Mon Sep 20, 2010 10:36 am

[GM]Megaslayer

[GM]Megaslayer
Admin
Admin

Good question, I'd have to ask the techs, but I'll get back with more info about it.

10Character Faction Transfers Empty Re: Character Faction Transfers Mon Sep 20, 2010 11:21 am

SurfinBird

SurfinBird
Am i making any sense??
Am i making any sense??

well dunno. if you make it work, i still say same class as in Fighter > War Mage > Pag and so on. If faction change is gonna be with including rebuilt gear just in opposite faction equivalent than would cause problems if you'd want to change from Hunter to Mage lol. Tho if it would change only toon, and not gear from it, i see no prob in making it change to diff class if it's possible for techs.
Skidz i see you have rangers in your head lately Razz

11Character Faction Transfers Empty Re: Character Faction Transfers Mon Sep 20, 2010 11:22 am

Skidz

Now we talking
Now we talking

Then it would be even more hard if Warrior -> Priest
Cause Dex replaces what?

but for physical damage it stays same

12Character Faction Transfers Empty Re: Character Faction Transfers Mon Sep 20, 2010 2:58 pm

[GA]rink245

[GA]rink245
Game Ambassador
Game Ambassador

Ok I think you all are missing my point. This idea is terrible even WITH restrictions. I'm not sure how many people played on Euro shalya, but eventually something like this happened. Granted it wasn't much control over it, people still were messing up pvp more than it was helping. All this teaches people is, "Well I want to try pvp here for a bit since I want to get more kills, and if this side is boring switch back." It just teaches people they can get away with whatever they want since they have money. Therefore I say want to be on the other faction, make a new character and lapis up a new set of gear. Look at the bright side, you have a lv 60(?) geared character on teh other side you can farm gear/lapis with still.

13Character Faction Transfers Empty Re: Character Faction Transfers Mon Sep 20, 2010 5:45 pm

M35H

M35H
Am i making any sense??
Am i making any sense??

Well, what we could do is form committee of sorts. Set up application process with a set of questions deeped appropriate for the faction switch.

You couple this process with a DwP tag: I think we could eliminate some quality issues that rink has brought up here.

Committee coudl be formed of 1 light faction + 1 fury faction + 1 GM to review each application.

we could put a set of stipulations on qualifications to put in a app and so fourth.

14Character Faction Transfers Empty Re: Character Faction Transfers Mon Sep 20, 2010 10:42 pm

Skidz

Now we talking
Now we talking

Or we can just put a high price on transfering?

Evo Ep3 d2 mobs used to drop skill resets as hell.
-> Exploiting 60 skills
cause they were so easy to get.

Possum put a price for them in Item mall and made them an item mall only.
and then it stopped, cause then they were selling for30m each.

so no1 will be switching a side several times if it costs 75m (example).

I really coulda used the faction switch when i went Aol
i mean, it took me a week to get up for pvp.
and then a week after that, UoF was back underpowerd.
So i spend a week of grinder, to then spend a week in pvp, to then go back to UoF
while it coulda been 2 weeks of pvp.

15Character Faction Transfers Empty Re: Character Faction Transfers Tue Sep 21, 2010 4:47 am

SurfinBird

SurfinBird
Am i making any sense??
Am i making any sense??

Now what Uranus suggested i like. Person changing the faction could file a ticket with good reason why he/she would change faction, and if it's reasonable and would do no harm to server, you could go for it.
/Support for anus Razz

16Character Faction Transfers Empty Re: Character Faction Transfers Tue Sep 21, 2010 8:33 am

Skidz

Now we talking
Now we talking

yeah i like anus aswell

17Character Faction Transfers Empty Re: Character Faction Transfers Wed Sep 22, 2010 4:40 pm

[GA]comatose

[GA]comatose
Game Ambassador
Game Ambassador

I see some some strong opinions pro and con for this idea.

It's good feedback.

I feel pservers are a constant struggle of "having to keep up with the Jones'" - simply put, if we don't offer something/get things fixed - you can bet others will.

That isn't to say every whim should be entertained, but let's also look at what's a plus for the server as a whole. DwD points purchased, means more that can be done with hosting, servers, etc.

• I agree with a high DwD point cost, this shouldn't be something earned or purchased with in-game gold. This is not a trade-able service. The account used to purchase the transfer will be the account transferred.
  • This should be restricted to being available for 2 weeks, semi-annually.
  • The same account will not be eligible for a transfer within the same calendar year
  • All requests for transfers will be reviewed by an AoL liaison, a UoF liaison and a GM. If approved, the sale of the transfer must be made within 24 hours, or that application is dropped.

I feel that given those pretty tight restrictions, you can still cater to those that really want/need a transfer rather than someone just wanting to flop sides.

http://battle-for-dwater.net16.net/

18Character Faction Transfers Empty Re: Character Faction Transfers Wed Sep 22, 2010 5:45 pm

regix

regix
Tipsy is my idol
Tipsy is my idol

i vote no cause i was talking with rink once when stuff came up but he said it'd be a bad idea since a guild could get all of it's good people to keep switching sides and farming the bosses for good items and then bosses would no longer able to get from other people

19Character Faction Transfers Empty switching factions Fri Sep 24, 2010 6:51 am

Lithium

Lithium
I can Talk
I can Talk

Im sure the GM's wont let a guild switch sides every week so they can farm bosses, cmon!

http://dwater.guildlaunch.com

20Character Faction Transfers Empty Re: Character Faction Transfers Fri Sep 24, 2010 9:04 am

[GM]Thor

[GM]Thor
Admin
Admin

the switch will be or have limitations , like 3 months before you are able to swtich back , things like this will help you guys feel all warm and cozy , right now we are still just reading all the feedback , so you still have time to pull up all your concerns and as they come up we will address them , before making the final call

21Character Faction Transfers Empty Re: Character Faction Transfers Fri Sep 24, 2010 1:46 pm

TOOTIE

TOOTIE
here's my two cents
here's my two cents

THE ONLY DOWN SIDE TO THIS IS MOST PLAYERS ALREADY HAVE SECOND ACCOUNTS SO THEY CAN PLAY BOTH SIDES. I PERSONALLY AM A LIGHTY ,BUT I DO HAVE A FURY ACCOUNT
(LittleWashu IS MY FURY FOR THOSE OF YOU THAT DONT ALREADY KNOW) .

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum