Battle for Dwater
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The old BfDW forum - no game, just talk

You are not connected. Please login or register

Level 60 Cape Discussion

+7
[GM]Sober
[GM]Mow
M35H
regix
[GA]rink245
[GM]Megaslayer
11 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1Level 60 Cape Discussion Empty Level 60 Cape Discussion Sun Sep 05, 2010 4:34 pm

[GM]Megaslayer

[GM]Megaslayer
Admin
Admin

Sober's Suffering - Fighter / Warrior : 30 Str, 30 Dex, 30 Luc (Offensive builds only)
Tipsy's Tolerance - Def / Guardian : 30 Rec, 30 Dex, 30 Luc (Offensive / Defensive)
Mega's Mainstay - Oracle / Priest : 30 Wis, 30 Int, 30 Luc (Offensive / Defensive)
Freya's Fancy - Pagan / Mage : 30 Int, 30 Rec, 30 Luc (Offensive / Defensive)
Pierce's Passion - Ranger / Assy : 30 Dex, 30 Str, 30 Luc (Offensive builds mostly)
Mow's Mayhem - Archer / Hunter : 30 Luc, 30 Dex, 30 Str (Offensive builds mostly)

There has been some talk about these capes from two different perspectives, which I want to address and get player feedback on.

1. Stats - Lvl 60 capes offered through the item mall (6995 dwd) that have +30 / +30 / +30 to three different stats per cape. While 90 stat point do seem like a lot... we don't see this as overpowering.

i.e. Fighter / Warrior (+30 Str +30 Dex, +30 Luc) = +46 atk pwr, a small amount of evasion & chance to hit, and +6% crit.

It was our intent these capes would be used as something players would incorporate into their builds. We all love our stats and strive for optimal stat builds. An extra 46 atk pwr and +6% crit isn't going to change the outcome of PvP drastically at level 60 from our perspective. Hopefully you will see more than +90 Stats, but we'd like to hear your thoughts on this.

2. Dwd cost of 60 capes (6995) - I've hear that this price is way too much. Perhaps it is. We've never tried anything like this before, so we don't have a benchmark or reference point for such things. We want to be able to put our revamped capes, including the new lvl 60 on in players hands. We understand no everyone will be able to purchase one of these, but we're willing to work with our players.

So I ask you, is the current price of 6995 dwd for the lvl 60 capes too much?

If so, what would be a fair price in your opinion for such a cape?

We are not out for your wallets and we don't want to be seen as greedy, so we're asking for you help and input in this matter.

**Please be constructive in your responses. It's fine to speak your mind, but let's try to keep it intelligent.

Thank you,
[GM]Megaslayer

2Level 60 Cape Discussion Empty Re: Level 60 Cape Discussion Sun Sep 05, 2010 4:40 pm

Forum Noob
Forum Noob

i think the capes are a good and Unique add to the Dwater Game , no other Pserver offers unique items , i am sure alot will QQ about the price but hey it take people to run a server and with that they all need something to keep that internet line paid for , and shot i have 1 , for all 3 of my toons , so its not that big of a deal !

3Level 60 Cape Discussion Empty Re: Level 60 Cape Discussion Sun Sep 05, 2010 4:50 pm

[GA]rink245

[GA]rink245
Game Ambassador
Game Ambassador

I'm still going to say that the orc/priest needs REC on it. I believe more people would use them if they have REC on it. If someone wants to make a borc then the current Mage cape would be better. So it would be cool if you could make those usable by all casters.

As for the price, I'm not a DwD buyer so I can't judge the price fairly. However $20 is a hefty amount for anything.

4Level 60 Cape Discussion Empty Re: Level 60 Cape Discussion Sun Sep 05, 2010 4:52 pm

regix

regix
Tipsy is my idol
Tipsy is my idol

well mega some people may say that people are paying 20 bucks for 3 lvl 6 lapis linked but i don't know it seems fair enough it's expensive so it's limited but it won't help as much as it could

5Level 60 Cape Discussion Empty Re: Level 60 Cape Discussion Sun Sep 05, 2010 5:22 pm

[GM]Megaslayer

[GM]Megaslayer
Admin
Admin

Regix wrote:well mega some people may say that people are paying 20 bucks for 3 lvl 6 lapis linked but i don't know it seems fair enough it's expensive so it's limited but it won't help as much as it could

Given your perspective, when you mention it not helping as much as it could... did you mean it would be better with a lower price tag?

6Level 60 Cape Discussion Empty Re: Level 60 Cape Discussion Sun Sep 05, 2010 5:34 pm

regix

regix
Tipsy is my idol
Tipsy is my idol

well possibly higher in my opinion because if one would lapis in everything with 6 / 7 / 5s it'll be like having an extra heroic gear piece with 3 more 6s which actually does change alot

7Level 60 Cape Discussion Empty Re: Level 60 Cape Discussion Sun Sep 05, 2010 5:39 pm

[GM]Megaslayer

[GM]Megaslayer
Admin
Admin

that's more than we want to change. We want to open doors for more character templates and builds, but not change / impact PvP negatively as a result. Originally, we wanted lvl 60 capes to be two slotted capes, but looking back now I think that would have be detrimental. Can you imagine all melee classes linking lvl 7/6 Str in two slot capes. That would be 100 atk pwr, which would be 10% or more for some offensive builds. That would have had too much impact. Not the positive kind either.

8Level 60 Cape Discussion Empty Re: Level 60 Cape Discussion Sun Sep 05, 2010 5:47 pm

M35H

M35H
Am i making any sense??
Am i making any sense??

I think the retrospect, lvl 60 capes all around would be a bad idea. Lets leave the capes as is. I do think that Skidz had a good point of changing some of the stats around on the 54 capes, to have them more oriented to the toon.

After reading this post, everyone makes some impressive remarks that do make me think that the new capes would creat HUGE problems on the server.

GREAT discussion here guys.

9Level 60 Cape Discussion Empty Re: Level 60 Cape Discussion Sun Sep 05, 2010 6:06 pm

regix

regix
Tipsy is my idol
Tipsy is my idol

yeah true but with 3 extra 6s and with the luc lets say your not adding 46 your adding 76 for archer but ~ 100 ish for a regular character because you can take 30 luc out and put it into str so therefor you aren't getting 46 but what ever you take out of dex / luc because the cape fills in for it so in the long run it could be 106 attack for archer and about 140 for regular characters

-edit-
i think i added some extra attack power but the end it'll be from like 96 - 106 for an archer and something like 120 - 140 for a regular fighter person

10Level 60 Cape Discussion Empty Re: Level 60 Cape Discussion Sun Sep 05, 2010 7:11 pm

[GM]Megaslayer

[GM]Megaslayer
Admin
Admin

Regix wrote:yeah true but with 3 extra 6s and with the luc lets say your not adding 46 your adding 76 for archer but ~ 100 ish for a regular character because you can take 30 luc out and put it into str so therefor you aren't getting 46 but what ever you take out of dex / luc because the cape fills in for it so in the long run it could be 106 attack for archer and about 140 for regular characters

-edit-
i think i added some extra attack power but the end it'll be from like 96 - 106 for an archer and something like 120 - 140 for a regular fighter person

Yea you added a good bit of extra atk pwr. Archer / Hunter cape would add 46 Atk pwr as well.

11Level 60 Cape Discussion Empty Re: Level 60 Cape Discussion Mon Sep 06, 2010 1:42 am

[GM]Mow

[GM]Mow
Admin
Admin

Mega's Mainstay - Oracle / Priest
is now 30 Wis, 30 Int, 30 Rec

http://battle-for-dwater.net16.net/

12Level 60 Cape Discussion Empty Re: Level 60 Cape Discussion Mon Sep 06, 2010 1:51 am

[GM]Sober

[GM]Sober
Admin
Admin

Mega's Maintray sounds like lol

13Level 60 Cape Discussion Empty Re: Level 60 Cape Discussion Mon Sep 06, 2010 1:56 am

[GM]Tipsy

[GM]Tipsy
Admin
Admin

[GM]Sober wrote:Mega's oldandGray sounds like lol

shame on you sober how can you say such a thing

14Level 60 Cape Discussion Empty Re: Level 60 Cape Discussion Mon Sep 06, 2010 3:20 am

[GM]Sober

[GM]Sober
Admin
Admin

you know how i roll tipsy

15Level 60 Cape Discussion Empty Re: Level 60 Cape Discussion Mon Sep 06, 2010 3:43 am

kalyke82

here's my two cents
here's my two cents

Point is that you get additional 90 stats. Take warrior/sin for example. If you redistribute 30 luc and 30 dex stats from your build you basically get 90 str aka 120 atk. That can be up to +270 damage per hit (in case of critical on inferior ele). If you multiplay that with double/triple hit skills it is not negligible but not that overpowering.
I don't mind it because donators have to get something for keeping server alive.

Another thing that comes to mind about the stats on capes is that someone will allways qq about the type of the stats. So easiest solution is to have same amount of stats but only of one kind just like those NM capes that sell in Iris.
For example it would be enough to make only 2 kinds of capes for warrs/guards, one only rec one only str.

16Level 60 Cape Discussion Empty Re: Level 60 Cape Discussion Mon Sep 06, 2010 6:32 am

Pinky

Forum Noob
Forum Noob

kalyke82 wrote:Another thing that comes to mind about the stats on capes is that someone will allways qq about the type of the stats. So easiest solution is to have same amount of stats but only of one kind just like those NM capes that sell in Iris.
For example it would be enough to make only 2 kinds of capes for warrs/guards, one only rec one only str.
Or another way is to make the stats the same for every class... like +20 to all 6 stats on the capes regardless of class. Then there is no issue with the cape not fitting in with a person's build for the class they are using.

17Level 60 Cape Discussion Empty Re: Level 60 Cape Discussion Mon Sep 06, 2010 8:12 am

[GA]rink245

[GA]rink245
Game Ambassador
Game Ambassador

kalyke82 wrote:Point is that you get additional 90 stats. Take warrior/sin for example. If you redistribute 30 luc and 30 dex stats from your build you basically get 90 str aka 120 atk. That can be up to +270 damage per hit (in case of critical on inferior ele). If you multiplay that with double/triple hit skills it is not negligible but not that overpowering.

I like this point. And that's what the capes are for. They allow people to try something different since they have a free 90 points.

18Level 60 Cape Discussion Empty Re: Level 60 Cape Discussion Mon Sep 06, 2010 9:18 am

regix

regix
Tipsy is my idol
Tipsy is my idol

but anyways is someways the 2 slotted capes are weaker than these 90 statted ones so in the end it's up to you guys and if you keep the 90 it'll be up to the players and see how they put the stats in

19Level 60 Cape Discussion Empty Re: Level 60 Cape Discussion Mon Sep 06, 2010 11:10 am

Skidz

Now we talking
Now we talking

DPS'rs also gains allot more from their capes then the tanks
Which sucks =S

20Level 60 Cape Discussion Empty Re: Level 60 Cape Discussion Mon Sep 06, 2010 11:14 am

[GM]Megaslayer

[GM]Megaslayer
Admin
Admin

Skidz wrote:DPS'rs also gains allot more from their capes then the tanks
Which sucks =S

Interesting perspective. It wouldn't be hard to add a substantial defensive component to capes.

21Level 60 Cape Discussion Empty Re: Level 60 Cape Discussion Mon Sep 06, 2010 6:11 pm

[GA]rink245

[GA]rink245
Game Ambassador
Game Ambassador

Maybe you're Orc and Def capes should be stated 45 wis/rec, rec/dex respectively

22Level 60 Cape Discussion Empty Re: Level 60 Cape Discussion Mon Sep 06, 2010 6:47 pm

[GM]Tipsy

[GM]Tipsy
Admin
Admin

doing that then would nerf the use of the cape for battle build defs/gaurds

23Level 60 Cape Discussion Empty Re: Level 60 Cape Discussion Mon Sep 06, 2010 7:17 pm

[GA]rink245

[GA]rink245
Game Ambassador
Game Ambassador

True, true. However I know as a battle build, I would take 30 STR over 30 REC any day.

24Level 60 Cape Discussion Empty Re: Level 60 Cape Discussion Mon Sep 06, 2010 8:31 pm

[GM]Megaslayer

[GM]Megaslayer
Admin
Admin

Priest / Oracles got their wish +30 Rec instead of Luc.

25Level 60 Cape Discussion Empty Re: Level 60 Cape Discussion Mon Sep 06, 2010 8:34 pm

[GA]rink245

[GA]rink245
Game Ambassador
Game Ambassador

Hey I'm just building off of what skidz said. I'm happy for any rec for orcs lol.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum