Battle for Dwater
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The old BfDW forum - no game, just talk

You are not connected. Please login or register

Server Reflections - 2 months in

5 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Server Reflections - 2 months in Empty Server Reflections - 2 months in Sat Sep 04, 2010 5:24 pm

[GM]Megaslayer

[GM]Megaslayer
Admin
Admin

As the title states, we're two months old now. We have had some encouraging numbers over the past few weeks.

*Soon to pass 600 forum accounts
*over 200 players online during the day
*Weekly Events held by [GM]Thor
*Added some new GA's(10) to the team.
*NEW PvP Rankings Page

*NEW Capes on Item Mall
lvl 30 (+20 / +20) stats
lvl 41 (+27 / +27) stats
lvl 54 (+35 / +35) stats
and our babies...
lvl 60 (+30 / +30 / +30) stats made specifically for offensive and defensive build flexibility.

Sober's Suffering - Fighter / Warrior : 30 Str, 30 Dex, 30 Luc (Offensive builds only)
Tipsy's Tolerance - Def / Guardian : 30 Rec, 30 Dex, 30 Luc (Offensive / Defensive)
Mega's Mainstay - Oracle / Priest : 30 Wis, 30 Int, 30 Luc (Offensive / Defensive)
Freya's Fancy - Pagan / Mage : 30 Int, 30 Rec, 30 Luc (Offensive / Defensive)
Pierce's Passion - Ranger / Assy : 30 Dex, 30 Str, 30 Luc (Offensive builds mostly)
Mow's Mayhem - Archer / Hunter : 30 Luc, 30 Dex, 30 Str (Offensive builds mostly)

*NEW OI Times
mo 08 PM EUROPE time (GMT)
tu 08 PM USA time (CST)
we 08 PM ASIA time (SYDNEY)
th 08 PM EUROPE time (GMT)
fr 08 PM USA time (CST)
sa 08 PM ASIA time (SYDNEY)

*and soon to be new feature guaranteed to help guilds. Stand By!

We are doing our best listening to info and suggestions from you the players. So now we'd like to hear your impressions of B4DW after two months live.

The good...

The bad...

and what we should continue to work on...

Thank You,
B4DW Staff

2Server Reflections - 2 months in Empty Re: Server Reflections - 2 months in Sat Sep 04, 2010 8:26 pm

[GA]rink245

[GA]rink245
Game Ambassador
Game Ambassador

Ok about the PvP rankings.

1. Where are they located? You might want to make them easy to access from the Barracks.

2. I would make a separate list for all the K/D ratios.

Back to the topic at hand. I'm impressed about the amount of people who are trying this server as their first shalya server. I'm sure most of you have seen me talk about this, but I think that says something about this server. I'm not sure if it's people who currently play getting those people here, or if they just like the write-up, but that's a major strength you have going here.

3Server Reflections - 2 months in Empty Re: Server Reflections - 2 months in Sat Sep 04, 2010 8:29 pm

regix

regix
Tipsy is my idol
Tipsy is my idol

i'm not up to it since i'm not very good at other classes but maybe GMs you guys if you have good experience in other classes besides assassins you could make guides for the new guys that Rink said are playing this for their first time

4Server Reflections - 2 months in Empty Re: Server Reflections - 2 months in Sat Sep 04, 2010 8:51 pm

[GM]Megaslayer

[GM]Megaslayer
Admin
Admin

[GA]rink245 wrote:Ok about the PvP rankings.

1. Where are they located? You might want to make them easy to access from the Barracks.

heh, it is on the barracks on the left nav menu. That's where I pulled the link from.

5Server Reflections - 2 months in Empty Re: Server Reflections - 2 months in Sat Sep 04, 2010 8:52 pm

[GA]rink245

[GA]rink245
Game Ambassador
Game Ambassador

[GM]Megaslayer wrote:
[GA]rink245 wrote:Ok about the PvP rankings.

heh, it is on the barracks on the left nav menu. That's where I pulled the link from.

That wasn't there 5 mins ago >.>

6Server Reflections - 2 months in Empty Re: Server Reflections - 2 months in Sat Sep 04, 2010 8:54 pm

[GM]Megaslayer

[GM]Megaslayer
Admin
Admin

Was there since 8am pst time, when we put it up. It's new yeah. Hopefully it's easy enough to get to.

7Server Reflections - 2 months in Empty Re: Server Reflections - 2 months in Sun Sep 05, 2010 1:21 am

Skidz

Now we talking
Now we talking

How can Int/Wis/Luc be a defensive cape?
as a priest i'd rather run around with my 10 Rec cape then with that.

8Server Reflections - 2 months in Empty Re: Server Reflections - 2 months in Sun Sep 05, 2010 8:05 am

M35H

M35H
Am i making any sense??
Am i making any sense??

I cant wait to see what you have in store for guilds. I'm excited and hear about the number of people we have had online so far.

Keep up the hard work GM's, server is getting better.

9Server Reflections - 2 months in Empty Re: Server Reflections - 2 months in Sun Sep 05, 2010 8:36 am

[GM]Megaslayer

[GM]Megaslayer
Admin
Admin

Skidz wrote:How can Int/Wis/Luc be a defensive cape?

I can see your point. Rec would help in a minimal way unless built specifically for tanking. The current cape stats help with heals a bit, but also open the doorway for offensive casters. That's what imo isn't supported well enough in our heavy "melee" environment. We want to see casters have an increased footing by giving them a little bit of love and some offensive options.

10Server Reflections - 2 months in Empty Re: Server Reflections - 2 months in Sun Sep 05, 2010 10:26 am

Skidz

Now we talking
Now we talking

[GM]Megaslayer wrote:

I can see your point. Rec would help in a minimal way unless built specifically for tanking. The current cape stats help with heals a bit, but also open the doorway for offensive casters. That's what imo isn't supported well enough in our heavy "melee" environment. We want to see casters have an increased footing by giving them a little bit of love and some offensive options.

Server is running for 2 months.
I haven't seen a single B Orc/Priest

11Server Reflections - 2 months in Empty Re: Server Reflections - 2 months in Sun Sep 05, 2010 10:30 am

[GA]rink245

[GA]rink245
Game Ambassador
Game Ambassador

Skidz wrote:
[GM]Megaslayer wrote:

I've seen one lol. Also a few who get to 60 then restat. But yeah I would say Mega change the cape to something that more people would use. More people I know would rather use a mage over a Borc.

12Server Reflections - 2 months in Empty Re: Server Reflections - 2 months in Sun Sep 05, 2010 10:58 am

regix

regix
Tipsy is my idol
Tipsy is my idol

[GA]rink245 wrote:
Skidz wrote:
[GM]Megaslayer wrote:

I've seen one lol. Also a few who get to 60 then restat. But yeah I would say Mega change the cape to something that more people would use. More people I know would rather use a mage over a Borc.

well i know a borc personally and her name is SuchaFkenLady but i think she would rather see a int / rec / luc over a int / wis / luc and if anything a caster doesn't want luc so change it to something like int / wis / rec

13Server Reflections - 2 months in Empty Re: Server Reflections - 2 months in Sun Sep 05, 2010 11:25 am

[GM]Megaslayer

[GM]Megaslayer
Admin
Admin

It is an easy adjustment, but more importantly all you have noticed over the past two weeks is a recommendation that a recently created cape should have rec instead of luc?

The must be more that that, right?

14Server Reflections - 2 months in Empty Re: Server Reflections - 2 months in Sun Sep 05, 2010 11:26 am

regix

regix
Tipsy is my idol
Tipsy is my idol

sorry mega can you elaborate that i don't get what you mean

15Server Reflections - 2 months in Empty Re: Server Reflections - 2 months in Sun Sep 05, 2010 11:38 am

[GM]Megaslayer

[GM]Megaslayer
Admin
Admin

[GM]Megaslayer wrote:

We are doing our best listening to info and suggestions from you the players. So now we'd like to hear your impressions of B4DW after two months live.

The good...

The bad...

and what we should continue to work on...

Thank You,
B4DW Staff

From the original post. It was below the lvl 60 capes. Perhaps this will help elaborate.

16Server Reflections - 2 months in Empty Re: Server Reflections - 2 months in Sun Sep 05, 2010 11:45 am

[GA]rink245

[GA]rink245
Game Ambassador
Game Ambassador

[GA]rink245 wrote:

I'm impressed about the amount of people who are trying this server as their first shalya server. I'm sure most of you have seen me talk about this, but I think that says something about this server. I'm not sure if it's people who currently play getting those people here, or if they just like the write-up, but that's a major strength you have going here.

Anyway back on topic, something that is bad here is the over all constant PvP. If you want to work on something, I suggest trying to encourage more PvP here. I know you can't make everyone PvP, but there are people on both sides who want to PvP so I encourage the GM's to get it started. Other than that there's really nothing bad going on with this server any more.

17Server Reflections - 2 months in Empty Re: Server Reflections - 2 months in Sun Sep 05, 2010 11:51 am

regix

regix
Tipsy is my idol
Tipsy is my idol

ah so you mean that you'll gladly change the cape ?

18Server Reflections - 2 months in Empty Re: Server Reflections - 2 months in Sun Sep 05, 2010 12:03 pm

[GM]Megaslayer

[GM]Megaslayer
Admin
Admin

I did mentioned the addition of [GM]Thor and his weekly events. Three are normally scheduled, but I think he likes to run a few on the side just for some additional fun.

19Server Reflections - 2 months in Empty Re: Server Reflections - 2 months in Sun Sep 05, 2010 2:06 pm

[GA]rink245

[GA]rink245
Game Ambassador
Game Ambassador

I'm sure you guys are working on this, but I guess one bad thing about this server is the GRB points are working. For the few players who are die hard guild house users, I would suggest fixing this.

20Server Reflections - 2 months in Empty Re: Server Reflections - 2 months in Sun Sep 05, 2010 2:11 pm

[GM]Megaslayer

[GM]Megaslayer
Admin
Admin

agreed. That's is high on our priority list. We are pursuing multiple avenues to resolve this. Having said that, I wish other admins in various pservers were a bit more friendly

21Server Reflections - 2 months in Empty Re: Server Reflections - 2 months in Sun Sep 05, 2010 2:21 pm

[GA]rink245

[GA]rink245
Game Ambassador
Game Ambassador

If I remember right, a pserver I played had a similar issue. I think they wiped the guild list clean and that somehow freed it up. However anyone with crap in a GWH atm would not like this option.

22Server Reflections - 2 months in Empty Re: Server Reflections - 2 months in Sun Sep 05, 2010 2:54 pm

regix

regix
Tipsy is my idol
Tipsy is my idol

i don't mind no points but the 100% etin drop is epic

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum