Battle for Dwater
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The old BfDW forum - no game, just talk

You are not connected. Please login or register

Ways to keep the server alive

+2
[GA]rink245
Kilgesh
6 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Ways to keep the server alive Empty Ways to keep the server alive Fri Dec 24, 2010 6:06 pm

Kilgesh

Anti-Social
Anti-Social

1. Have GA's that respect the courtesy of other faction farmers who greet them muliple times

2. Have GA's who don't use their 60 skill, (doesn't matter what class you are, a 60 is a 60) and then charge in to greeting farmer and kill him.

3. Have GA's who don't stand there after they've killed you and then yell "MERRY CHRISTMAS"

4. Have GA's who don't tell you that you've been banned (yes I did call him an a*sh*le after 1,2,3 happened, my bad) and then he calls me a noob multiple times and tells me to stop QQ, all on Trade Chat.
s
I've no problem with PVP and no major problem with greating farmers being killed by normal toons, but when GA's do it and then rub your face in it I think that as Game Ambassadors they need to rethink their position.

As for calling me a noob, twice, on trade chat, once again thx for making me want to stay on this server.

I've spent a lot of money on Donation Points and spent heaps of time helping new players and trying to keep new people on this server,

I go to log on and am told my account is blocked, no right of reply, no questions asked first.

wow, not even a message to say why

Notice the description under my name, Anti social!, I hope that the GA has the same on his.

Last edited by Kilgesh on Fri Dec 24, 2010 6:24 pm; edited 3 times in total (Reason for editing : new information)

2Ways to keep the server alive Empty Re: Ways to keep the server alive Fri Dec 24, 2010 6:59 pm

[GA]rink245

[GA]rink245
Game Ambassador
Game Ambassador

Well I can answer one of you points -> Anti-Social is just a universal rank here on the forums for anyone under 10 or 15 posts, I can't remember.

As for point number two, 60 skills are 60 skills. Not exactly sure who you are talking about here, but I'm sure most of the GA's could kill someone without 60's. The thing about farming on PvP maps is you always risk getting killed even if you have greeted someone.

and I lol at point three.

Anyway, really he shouldn't have called you a noob for that D=

3Ways to keep the server alive Empty Re: Ways to keep the server alive Fri Dec 24, 2010 11:55 pm

Kilgesh

Anti-Social
Anti-Social

Thanks for replying but you miss my point.

I have no problem with normal toons killing anyone 'greeter' or not in a PVP zone, but I do think that having GA's (Game AMBASSADORS), killing and then paying out after a farmer has repeatedly greeted is not the way to get ppl to want to stay on this server.

I thought it was poor form for GA NUTS to do this and then yell HAPPY CHRISTMAS after killing me.

Secondly I was banned straight away with no discussion or message or any chance to explain. GA NUTS who twice called me a noob is still playing I can bet. Also GA NUTS has conveniently posted only sections of the conversation...

4Ways to keep the server alive Empty Re: Ways to keep the server alive Sat Dec 25, 2010 8:18 am

Oyobi

I can Talk
I can Talk

I'll start by saying if you have a problem with a GA go to the GM's about it and do not post it in threads as it can result in flaming.

Now as for what you said about GA's regarding pvp, they are just regular players and as such can kill a farmer in a pvp map. Now yelling Happy Christmas after killing you is rather funny and shouldn't be taken as an insult.

Calling someone a noob is not against the TOS as I think its not considered as foul language. As for your banning please read the TOS which may shed some light on why.

I am not taking sides I am just pointing stuff out.

5Ways to keep the server alive Empty Re: Ways to keep the server alive Sat Dec 25, 2010 8:32 am

[GA]rink245

[GA]rink245
Game Ambassador
Game Ambassador

Oyobi wrote:Now as for what you said about GA's regarding pvp, they are just regular players and as such can kill a farmer in a pvp map. Now yelling Happy Christmas after killing you is rather funny and shouldn't be taken as an insult.

This indeed.

6Ways to keep the server alive Empty Re: Ways to keep the server alive Sat Dec 25, 2010 3:32 pm

Kilgesh

Anti-Social
Anti-Social

Well I was banned straight away, no GMs in Forum. Also I first posted about this over 20 hours ago and did send a pm to a GM first. I still have'nt heard back on here, by pm or email, and the GM I pmed is actually the one who posted NUTS complaint for him, but still didn't contact me at all. Oh and I tried to post the sections of the conversation that NUTS conveniently left out, won't let me post any images.

My whole point, which everyone seems to be missing is that Game AMBASSADORS should be just that, AMBASSADORS. People wonder why there is hardly anyone on anymore. I know that GA are normal people but taking on that role should result in them adopting a little extra courtesy while using the GA toon. Which should mean that they don't kill farmers who greet and don't call people whove been playing the game for more than 3 years Noobs.

Please think about what I say here before replying. I'm not pissed about being killed by NUTS, I've simply been saying that if you want to keep the server alive instead of it being so dead as it is now, your Game Ambassadors should be people who show respect and are there to help players.

Maybe I'm too soft on people but if I come across a dark toon who is farming, I leave them alone, If I come across a dark toon who greets me I say G'day and we have a chat, see if they need any gear etc, therewill be plenty of people on this server (providing they haven't quit like so many) who will back me on this one.

Last edited by Kilgesh on Sat Dec 25, 2010 3:41 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : edit)

7Ways to keep the server alive Empty Re: Ways to keep the server alive Sat Dec 25, 2010 4:09 pm

Oyobi

I can Talk
I can Talk

If you have SS of a GA saying and/or doing things that are against ToS then send them to a GM if you cannot post them. As you can read in the post for Reporting a player the GA could not upload images either so a GM had to do it for him it could be the same thing is going on with you.

Your point wasn't missed I just can't make any relevant reply for it.

8Ways to keep the server alive Empty Re: Ways to keep the server alive Sat Dec 25, 2010 4:36 pm

Kilgesh

Anti-Social
Anti-Social

Unfortunately a GA calling me a Noob is not against the tos, but my point to the GM's is that GA's shouldn't go around calling other players Noobs.

The tos does however say that the banning regards this is at GM's discretion...

9Ways to keep the server alive Empty Re: Ways to keep the server alive Sun Dec 26, 2010 12:39 am

Micayla

Micayla
I can Talk
I can Talk

Kilgesh taking everything you said in Trade Chat, and the disrespect you showed a GA all because he killed you is the type of QQ that "Noobs" do, if you think about it you are acting like a noob now with your complaining about being killed in a pvp map because you were farming in it. You say you've been playing this game for 3yrs, by know i think you would've learnt that pvp and farming usually dont go well together. Have you ever considered apologizing to the GA for your behaviour and threats towards him?

P.S. Noobs - Noobs generally get extremely upset over being beaten and can not admit that they are bad at the game. Often they will accuse the skilled people.

10Ways to keep the server alive Empty Re: Ways to keep the server alive Sun Dec 26, 2010 4:20 am

Kilgesh

Anti-Social
Anti-Social

Oh please... Micayla go back and read my posts before you want to say stuff like that, I'm not mad about being killed.

Oh hang on, let me guess, I bet you're one of NUTS mates aren't you. Rolling Eyes

Yes, I have been playing for 3 years, I was at OS right after the beta testing when ep3 was in and when you still had to get to lvl 50 in normal to make hard mode.

As for apologising, not a chance, remember NUTS has only posted the parts of the conversation he wanted the GM's to see. If B4DW wants to have GA's like him, the server will never get bigger.

... and that was the whole point of this post.

11Ways to keep the server alive Empty Re: Ways to keep the server alive Sun Dec 26, 2010 7:04 am

Micayla

Micayla
I can Talk
I can Talk

Kilgesh wrote:
Yes, I have been playing for 3 years, I was at OS right after the beta testing when ep3 was in and when you still had to get to lvl 50 in normal to make hard mode.

You been playing that long and still dont understand why you were killed in a pvp map? GA or player..you will get killed in a pvp map, his tag doesnt require him to have mercy on a farmer in a pvp map, next time go farm in a PVE map and greet your own faction members who pass you there, they wont kill you i promise you that

12Ways to keep the server alive Empty Re: Ways to keep the server alive Sun Dec 26, 2010 1:55 pm

hamz180

Forum Noob
Forum Noob

I Will lol

13Ways to keep the server alive Empty Re: Ways to keep the server alive Sun Dec 26, 2010 5:54 pm

Kilgesh

Anti-Social
Anti-Social

[/quote] You been playing that long and still dont understand why you were killed in a pvp map? [/quote]

I've changed my mind, you must be NUTS.

For the tenth time, I know why I was killed in a PVP map, I don't have a problem with being killed in a PVP map.

My point again for the tenth time is that GA's should not carry on afterwards like NUTS did.

But I must give NUTS thanks for getting me banned, its given me a chance to check out other servers Very Happy

14Ways to keep the server alive Empty Re: Ways to keep the server alive Sun Dec 26, 2010 6:28 pm

[GM]Thor

[GM]Thor
Admin
Admin

Kilgesh ,i dont even understand , you Temp Ban is lifted anyways ... this topic will be locked !

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum