Battle for Dwater
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The old BfDW forum - no game, just talk

You are not connected. Please login or register

Balancing 20-30 PvP

+3
hamz180
SurfinBird
[GA]rink245
7 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Balancing 20-30 PvP Empty Balancing 20-30 PvP Mon Nov 15, 2010 8:45 pm

[GA]rink245

[GA]rink245
Game Ambassador
Game Ambassador

OK, this is for all you who may or may not have participated in the 20-30 event. The other day during the event, I think it was clear to see that 7's are a little bit too much for 20-30 PvP. I mean if you think about it, the zone was never designed for that massive amount of damage which can be see in the armor defense, resistance, and most importantly, HP. So now the question is, how do we fix this so there isn't just a lot of people running around making short order of people using a heavy DPS move.

There could be a few ways to fix this. One would be not allowing 7's to go into 20-30 gear. 6's are powerful, but aren't nearly as strong as 7's can be. Now from what I understand, this will take some coding to do, but I have seen a few servers do this so it's not impossible. I personally believe this is the best route to go.

I've also toyed around with the idea that HP stats could go higher on the orange parts, but from what I understand about coding, that would be hell of a lot more challenge to get.

Feel free to pitch your suggestions. Also, I don't want any flaming here. If you think it's a bad idea say so, but don't go overboard and say "it's dumb."

2Balancing 20-30 PvP Empty Re: Balancing 20-30 PvP Tue Nov 16, 2010 2:22 am

SurfinBird

SurfinBird
Am i making any sense??
Am i making any sense??

So basically what you're saying is that i should lose my pvp gear cause it has few 7z in it >.<
Don't get me wrong rink, it is too much power to link 7z in canta gear but you can't expect people that already linked them to give up on their gear. Anyways doubt i'll be participating even, just saying my opinion on it.

3Balancing 20-30 PvP Empty Re: Balancing 20-30 PvP Tue Nov 16, 2010 7:32 am

hamz180

Forum Noob
Forum Noob

i think its a good idea with no lv7 lapises but.. It will be abit unfair for those who allready spent lot of money on their gear to get 7's on then u guys just say to them take it out:)

4Balancing 20-30 PvP Empty Re: Balancing 20-30 PvP Tue Nov 16, 2010 8:02 am

[GA]Killa420

[GA]Killa420
Game Ambassador
Game Ambassador

oh, I got an idea on how to balance it. Everybody just give uber fighter gear and all your lvl 7's and 6's. I might end up being the only one in canta, but hell, it'll be balanced Razz jk'ing

5Balancing 20-30 PvP Empty Re: Balancing 20-30 PvP Tue Nov 16, 2010 2:28 pm

regix

regix
Tipsy is my idol
Tipsy is my idol

ok don't get me wrong he never said to TAKE AWAY he just said stop so basically what's linked is linked and no more can go in... 3 7s or 5 won't change much if there is 3 or 4 on the one person

6Balancing 20-30 PvP Empty Re: Balancing 20-30 PvP Tue Nov 16, 2010 3:46 pm

TOOTIE

TOOTIE
here's my two cents
here's my two cents

regix wrote:ok don't get me wrong he never said to TAKE AWAY he just said stop so basically what's linked is linked and no more can go in... 3 7s or 5 won't change much if there is 3 or 4 on the one person

the problem with this lies if you are to allow one you must allow all or none., but if you take the 7's away from those that already have them witch are most likely to be the true hardcore pvpers then they will no longer want to participate I.M.P killing 20-30 pvp all together

i say this not having and 7's linked in my 20-30 so don't think i say this just because i don't want to lose my gears

7Balancing 20-30 PvP Empty Re: Balancing 20-30 PvP Tue Nov 16, 2010 5:09 pm

[GA]rink245

[GA]rink245
Game Ambassador
Game Ambassador

You know the funny thing is, people who want to pvp in 20-30 would still play there even if they didn't have 7's linked. And I also want to get back on the topic of suggesting stuff to fix the problem. Don't get hung up on the banning 7's thing. And that's not just at you, Tootie, it's to everyone.

8Balancing 20-30 PvP Empty Re: Balancing 20-30 PvP Wed Nov 17, 2010 2:49 am

UberGoober

UberGoober
Am i making any sense??
Am i making any sense??

The only thing, Rink, is you say not to get "hung up" on the banning of 7's thing... however, that's exactly what this discussion is about.. lol

I think that any/all players that currently have 7's in their gear get 7 OPs and 7x the SAME lapis, a well as 7x Lucky Charm they have linked given to them, and a GM would have to go into their account and deposit these items.
Also, a GM would have to UNLINK The 7's.

Given the 20% chance of linking with an OP, plus the algorithm I showed with FB's early on in this server's life (applies to any % chance), this would be a "fair" trade.

For instance, if you have a Craft 7, Shrewd 7, and Fortune 7 linked, you would get 21 OP hammers, 21 Lucky Charms, 7 Craft 7's, 7 Shrewd 7's, and 7 Fortune 7's.

Yes, this benefits those that managed to link in 1-2 tries, but remember, there are those who failed 10 times to link 1... but as MOST of the players that are linked are guilded in strong guilds that tend to share more often, this isn't such a bad thing.

JM2C

http://www.WPTAPL.com

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum