The old BfDW forum - no game, just talk

You are not connected. Please login or register

Get Free DwD for MEANINGFUL forum posts (500dwd per 25 posts)

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

[GM]Megaslayer

[GM]Megaslayer
Admin
Admin
Want some FREE DWD just for using our forums?

This is for all our forum junkies...

For every 25 meaningful* posts on our forums we'll give you 500 dwd.

*Meaningful post are usually help or contribute to the forum thread and contain more than two sentences. I will check to verify you are claiming correctly!

There is no limit to how often you can do this, but you can only claim dwd for every 100 posts. So once you hit 100 meaningful posts send me a pm with your game account name (2k dwd for 100 posts).

Yes, it's really that easy!

**Grandfather clause - those already having many forum posts (mostly B4DW staff) can claim their meaningful posts if they want and we will honor it.

~Siggie by Sinful~

crossibow5

crossibow5
Hi! I'm Banned!
Hi! I'm Banned!
coool Very Happy now to help people Very Happy but the posts doesn't count on the spam board?

SurfinBird

SurfinBird
Am i making any sense??
Am i making any sense??
woop i'll participate with smartmouth posts. lol

[GM]Megaslayer

[GM]Megaslayer
Admin
Admin
Tell you guys what, I support community efforts even within spam, but if I see more than 1/3rd of your posts are in the spamboard... no point for you. This is something we want to get people who aren't normally on the forums.

~Siggie by Sinful~

[GA]rink245

[GA]rink245
Game Ambassador
Game Ambassador
Yeah the spam board is just to connect with people w/o talking about the game. Something fun and entertaining.

regix

regix
Tipsy is my idol
Tipsy is my idol
so if we already have the post can we send our account to you ? or do teh 25 post start litterly RIGHT now?

[GM]Tipsy

[GM]Tipsy
Admin
Admin
holy shit, im gonna have soooo much free Dwd Very Happy

1173 posts worth

siggi by Faith Very Happy
http://battle-for-dwater.net16.net/

[GM]Sober

[GM]Sober
Admin
Admin
yeh 1k are all spam derailed tipsy Razz

[GM]Tipsy

[GM]Tipsy
Admin
Admin
i have never derailed or spammed a thread in my life Rolling Eyes

siggi by Faith Very Happy
http://battle-for-dwater.net16.net/

regix

regix
Tipsy is my idol
Tipsy is my idol
lol same here tipsy we have no idea what people mean Rolling Eyes

[GA]rink245

[GA]rink245
Game Ambassador
Game Ambassador
This topic is a perfect example of what posts WONT count towards totals.

regix

regix
Tipsy is my idol
Tipsy is my idol
What do you mean rink ... were giving insitefull comments on how we don't spam *cough cough*

404error

404error
here's my two cents
here's my two cents
is there any time period or dwd limit on dis? just send u a pm on the forums right? :p

awesomeness, that is all

UberGoober

UberGoober
Am i making any sense??
Am i making any sense??
Umm... Yeah.

Actually, I do like this idea to get more people willing to CONTRIBUTE to the forums rather than just peruse them.

Great Idea!

http://www.WPTAPL.com

[GM]Megaslayer

[GM]Megaslayer
Admin
Admin
regix wrote:so if we already have the post can we send our account to you ? or do teh 25 post start litterly RIGHT now?

You can cash in on what you have - spam posts. Remember that you need more than 100 meaningful posts to "dwd" out.

~Siggie by Sinful~

[GA]rink245

[GA]rink245
Game Ambassador
Game Ambassador
You could probably put me down for about 500 meaningful post x). I might have more, but that's a good number for me.

crossibow5

crossibow5
Hi! I'm Banned!
Hi! I'm Banned!
yay awesome Very Happy ok now to posting xD hey i have a question anyway Very Happy does this server have a facebook channel?

crossibow5

crossibow5
Hi! I'm Banned!
Hi! I'm Banned!
oi found it Very Happy (joined too Smile)

F.O.N.D.

Anti-Social
Anti-Social
OK,so we have an effort to get more people using the forums, but if they aren't using in a useful or meaningful way, it doesn't count. Not to mention you have to have not just the "25" insiteful and helpful posts, but 100 of them. Could be wrong but I believe most of us have an idea of what we are doing unless we are trying a newclass to play around with. Ok YOU have an idea, I'm still clueless, but I play anyway deal with it. Why not just say need 100 posts, if that's what you need to "cash in" anyway.

Side note, used to play a forum based RP game, took me forever to get 100 post and thats posting daily...

[GA]rink245

[GA]rink245
Game Ambassador
Game Ambassador
Around here I can usually hit over 100 post in 2-3 days depending how active topics get rolling. Which more often then not happens. Then again, over 1/2 of those are usually in the off topic board anyway. What Mega really doesn't want is a bunch of one word post like, "lol", "cool", etc.

regix

regix
Tipsy is my idol
Tipsy is my idol
lol i bet 75% + of mine are me and tipsy talking back and forth in a derailed topic XD

crossibow5

crossibow5
Hi! I'm Banned!
Hi! I'm Banned!
lol good for you Very Happy

[GM]Megaslayer

[GM]Megaslayer
Admin
Admin
F.O.N.D. wrote:OK,so we have an effort to get more people using the forums, but if they aren't using in a useful or meaningful way, it doesn't count. Not to mention you have to have not just the "25" insiteful and helpful posts, but 100 of them. Could be wrong but I believe most of us have an idea of what we are doing unless we are trying a newclass to play around with. Ok YOU have an idea, I'm still clueless, but I play anyway deal with it. Why not just say need 100 posts, if that's what you need to "cash in" anyway.

Side note, used to play a forum based RP game, took me forever to get 100 post and thats posting daily...

coming from an forum background I am surprised this doesn't make more sense to you. An MMO gaming community is made up of multiple pieces that work together, overlap if you will, to create a stable core. Not always are the individual elements firing off at all 8 cylinders consistently.

This forum movement isn't to flip a light switch making all players post on the forums suddenly. It's just to increase our current forum culture with the potential to add a few new elements to the mix.

The cash out at 100 meaningful posts, but advertising as 25 posts for 500 dwd is a perception support tactic. 100 posts for 2k dwd might seem like an eternity to reach, but someone else may see it as "for every 20 posts I make, I just got an OP hammer."

Building communities is always a work in progress and it's our job as management to find new and innovative ways to enable our players. In the end, this may have little or no effect, but we have learned something from it and we are trying. In the end, that's what really matters from my perspective.

Hopefully that will give a little more insight into the thought process and logic behind it.

~Siggie by Sinful~

F.O.N.D.

Anti-Social
Anti-Social
Mega, you and the management team are doing a wonderful job. I love the effort you guys put in to get player feedback and make this a player "run" game. My comment about being clueless is in reference to my gaming ability, as I swear I have no ability.

Your comment about the advertising reminds me of a "sale" at (forgive me) walmart. Product was sitting on the shelf. Couldn't get the stuff sold $5 each. The sign got changed to 2for $10 couldn't keep the shelf stocked...

[GM]Megaslayer

[GM]Megaslayer
Admin
Admin
ah, i think i see where you are coming from now. I agree it does have a Walmart type of feel, but I am skeptical of reducing it to make it easier for players atm. When we first opened the doors at B4DW, we made the mistake of appeasing players too much, which came to bite us in the butt. I want to try and give the forum regulars something for their continued efforts with the potential to help invigorate the forums a bit. I may alter it in the future, but we'll see how it progresses.

Ty for the feedback on the team. We do try the best we can given the fact we all have full time regular jobs. I know many server claim to have active staff and good management, but hearing it from our players like yourself means a lot.

Thnx

~Siggie by Sinful~

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum