The old BfDW forum - no game, just talk

You are not connected. Please login or register

server is dying

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1server is dying Empty server is dying on Sun Oct 24, 2010 3:17 am

kalyke82

here's my two cents
here's my two cents
I'm sure people who log on daily basis are aware of this. Last few weeks there little to non pvp. u can run for hours in deser/jungle and you wont find any AoL. Trade chat is dead. I saw more than few times last week n00bs asking in TC is anyone here. That can't be stimulating for a n00b to level up on a server where there there is no players. We need to take action before is too late.

Players need to vote for this server more. We are like 6th or 7th right now. Weekly goal should be to advance in server rankings one rank for example. If the goal is reached as reward we get MM event or something. This should be spammed in trade chat.

More GM presence in game. When u don't get to see GM in game for days you kinda get impression that staff doesn't care for server.

Help the n00bs to level up.
1. All remedies should be usable from lvl 1. When you are starting to level on your HM you got no gear till 50ish levels. So remedies are huge help while you lvl.
2. All PvE maps should drop lvl 3 lapis. It's easy to link because of the percentage and linkage cost. It would mean a lot for leveling.

Fix the GRB. We still can't see points we get in real time and guild rankings are messed up. Grb is important for guild members to get to know each other better and bond.

We need more people posting on forums. Important issues like editing skills should be discussed by more ppl. It would be nice to see GM in game telling people to go to forums and post opinion on said important issues.

2server is dying Empty Re: server is dying on Sun Oct 24, 2010 3:31 am

SurfinBird

SurfinBird
Am i making any sense??
Am i making any sense??
I like the idea of lapis lvl3 dropping in PvE maps, would help for people to get started on their gear.
Anyway, thing we can do now is only to vote, spread the word and hope for the best. Cause we did what we shouldn't have done, we let the active players leave server for good. Now once they leave pissed off, you know that they probably won't suggest to someone or encourage him/her to come on this server. AoL lost more than 50% of it's population, both nubs and good players. And thing that i and many other people warned about, but not a single person listened, you CAN NOT pressure weaker faction to pvp by taking their bless to zero, camping their castle and not letting them lvl. Saw it happen from both sides, and of course people started leaving, who wants to be treated that way?
Like you said, we need to vote more, and need to advertise more. I was thinking of raising topic for people to make some in game videos so we can show ourselves on youtube or something. Just can hope that we will get more people.

3server is dying Empty Re: server is dying on Sun Oct 24, 2010 6:59 am

M35H

M35H
Am i making any sense??
Am i making any sense??
GM Presence: thats done on purpose. They are on on the time. The issue at hand with GM's is that people tend to harrass and bug them for things. There was a decision early in the life of the server for the GM's to be more here but not seen. So they are around, just not in the view capablity if you know what i mean

LvL ing issue: EXP at this point has been permantly raised and is helping toons lvl much fast at this juncture.

ISSUES WITH SERVER DYING: per title thread.
  • The server is defiantly in some growing pains right now.

• Votin would help, the thing is, we spam if often and ask players to do it, its up to them

• 22 comment on letting people lvl up and not getting killed in pvp maps or having bless.
    I understand this point more than not. It's hard to do anything in this game if there is no bless and your faction isn't strong enough to go and take it back. The thing is, fury has it most of the time, this i know, but normally, we are just trying to get some people to come out to play. The bad thing is, most of the time it results in failure, no one shows up.

• I assure you, GRB has been and will continue to be top priority of the GM's.

I'm glad you posted this thread, we as a community need to help each other to make this the best P-Server out there. The thing is, it's going to take a team effort. What is tough is, we do have those of us here that are seasoned, ready to go and WE are the ones needing to learn to be patient. Not everyone on the server is linked and ready to go to WAR.

4server is dying Empty Re: server is dying on Sun Oct 24, 2010 8:54 am

SurfinBird

SurfinBird
Am i making any sense??
Am i making any sense??
No mate, misunderstood me there, i don't mind thing about bless and not even saying that people shouldn't be killed on pvp grinding maps. Thing i'm saying is that besides me, there are people who can take care of bless and such and you can count them on your fingers. Now, when we pvp, 90% of the time we can't get a raid with more than 5 people (seen exceptions when we were 8+ but that's really rare), and by taking the bless down to 0 doesn't do anything, and i mean anything but just discourage other people, cause us who are willing to pvp know fury tries to make that to pvp, but we simply don't go out to feed. Maybe it's just me, but i see it as a blackmail when someone tells me to come pvp or else i have no bless, why i had problem with 1926. So full bless or zero bless, if there's no one to make a raid with and/or not in mood to pvp, not gonna come no matter what circumstances. But it was kinda off topic, and yeah, we need to do something to get server back up on it's feet. I know GMs aren't away or not caring, far from that. But we need to make a solution how to get more people here, cause it's real shame to see this kind of server go down.

5server is dying Empty Re: server is dying on Sun Oct 24, 2010 10:26 am

[GM]Megaslayer

[GM]Megaslayer
Admin
Admin
I do a lot of the social media work outside of game and can help answer some of these questions and observations.

kalyke82 wrote:I'm sure people who log on daily basis are aware of this. Last few weeks there little to non pvp. u can run for hours in deser/jungle and you wont find any AoL. Trade chat is dead. I saw more than few times last week n00bs asking in TC is anyone here. That can't be stimulating for a n00b to level up on a server where there there is no players. We need to take action before is too late.

I would agree we have gone through a tough time as of recently. Server attacks, stability issues, heavy qq, and a few other bits and pieces. I don't feel this is uncommon, but we are pushing through these problems and it's being done without the need for direct GM involvement. Something we have been trying to find balance with.

kalyke82 wrote:Players need to vote for this server more. We are like 6th or 7th right now. Weekly goal should be to advance in server rankings one rank for example. If the goal is reached as reward we get MM event or something. This should be spammed in trade chat.

We are skeptical of spamming trade chat with voting messages. We have players that have come from other servers and mentioned former servers having such an approach, which was perceived very negatively. Also, I have been able to track the effectiveness of players drawn in from those toplists... it's minimal. While I support our players voting it's clear that our efforts on FB and ElitePvpers are our largest attraction factor. I would like us to be in the top 5 for those voting lists, but they are very easily manipulated and most of the players going there know as much

kalyke82 wrote:More GM presence in game. When u don't get to see GM in game for days you kinda get impression that staff doesn't care for server.

We have been going back and forth about how much involvement is too much. We had received so much QQ about our presence in game when we were there that it left a bad taste in our mouthes. I believe in a proactive nature, but it's clear that some players didn't like it. Atm we are growing and our players are increasing. I am pushing for more GM involvement over the holidays, but as most know we all have full time jobs on top of our server efforts.

kalyke82 wrote:Help the n00bs to level up.
1. All remedies should be usable from lvl 1. When you are starting to level on your HM you got no gear till 50ish levels. So remedies are huge help while you lvl.
2. All PvE maps should drop lvl 3 lapis. It's easy to link because of the percentage and linkage cost. It would mean a lot for leveling.

I will definitely bring up this suggestion. I don't have a good perception of what it is like to level up with respect to lapis. I assumed with 100x exp rate that leveling was quick regardless.

kalyke82 wrote:Fix the GRB. We still can't see points we get in real time and guild rankings are messed up. Grb is important for guild members to get to know each other better and bond.

This has been a constant thorn in our sides since the beginning. We are working on ways to get access to guild houses while we continue to wrestle this monster. I agree with what you say about GRB. With all the server problems we have had lately we were unable to give this the attention it needs. We're back on track now and this is our tech focus.

kalyke82 wrote:We need more people posting on forums. Important issues like editing skills should be discussed by more ppl. It would be nice to see GM in game telling people to go to forums and post opinion on said important issues.

I agree we need more people on the forums. We have a good core of dedicated posters, but the forum regulars can be counted on two hands. I would love to see this increase. We constantly have one or sometimes even two forum events running, but that's still not enough. I am hoping over the next month to get players involved in the current caster improvement discussion with plans to implement some changes prior to Xmas break.

Now let me tell you where we currently stand as a growing server.

The Good:

Server stability back.
Player base growth. (we are back to almost the same levels we had prior to the server attacks)
Increase in PvP. (GA's have cited two and three hr pvp sessions this past week)

The Bad:

Forum involvement is minimal
GA run event participation low. (Prizes are quite useful)
Getting U.S. player to join us. (Euro player base 5x stronger than U.S. player base.)

I want to make sure we're doing all we can to support the continued growth we are seeing and make the holidays fun for all. I pray nightly that someone who knows how to make pvp videos will come forward and reveal themselves. I want to get a youtube presence for our server, but I don't have the time myself to do all the fraps work necessary. I also want to try and get more word / discussion to players in game via GM/GA. Perhaps this will help generate forum discussion and bring some new members to our forums.

I am up for any suggestions and improvements that all recommend. If someone could tell me the secret to reaching U.S. players, I'll drop you a lot of dwd if your suggestion works.

We are growing and players are coming to us in light of their dislike for ep5 servers. People are coming because they know how we support the community and we try to make this server something more than the normal. All of the GM's are committed whether they are seen directly in game or just on the forums like myself. i expect there will be more people trying our server over the next months. Please help where you can and recommend us to friends. Facebook is a strong proponent of our online presence and it's a successful one. make friend suggestions to us. Down the road we will run campaigns using FB to get free dwd to players.

btw, we're not stingy on what we give away. This server is one truly designed by the players and that's what MGMT supports. Thank you for bringing these observations up. I wish more people took the time to do such. Constructive criticism helps us.

TY,
[GM]Megaslayer

~Siggie by Sinful~

6server is dying Empty Re: server is dying on Wed Oct 27, 2010 10:20 am

404error

404error
here's my two cents
here's my two cents
Since I am fairly new to this server, here's my two cents.

I really like how the GAs do a lot of mini events but I've noticed that not too many people participate in them. It tends to be more of the same people every time. I dunno if its just me but I see more people come out for gm eevents even when the prizes the GAs give out are typically the same. That much I can account for as I've won muntiple gm and gs hide and seek events.

When I was first lvling up, I got my first lapis at 50+ from a quest in lan, granted lvling is really quick on this server but I feel it would have been nice to have some 2s n 3s in my gear.

From past games I've noticed that the most active players are in active guilds, and people that don't join a guild tend to leave pretty quick. Also if a guild starts dying or the guild leader becomes inactive the guild dies, actives leave the guild or become inactive(more towards the latter) since there aren't too many layers the top couple active guilds should recruit new players. This might help keep more people.

Lately pvp has gotten a lot better, we have had multiple 7+ people on each side pvping for a good while. The biggest pvp I've seen was prolly yesterday eith helper and tooties pvp fight over drops event where we had 14+ people on each side. Granted a few left anfter the drops stopped but quite a few remained. Personally I don't think it should take aneventto get good pvp going.

That's what I've encountered since I've been here.

Btw sorry for any typos as its hard to correct them on my phone lol

7server is dying Empty Re: server is dying on Wed Oct 27, 2010 10:44 am

UberGoober

UberGoober
Am i making any sense??
Am i making any sense??
Yes, Tootie and I are experimenting with ways to bring more PvP.
Yes, we agree that prizes like that should not be REQUIRED for PvP, however if more people start coming out for ANY reason to PvP that may entice their liking to it. (Tootie used to HATE PvP... until I started practically dragging her out, now she actually enjoys it)
All it takes is the experience, and the rest will follow. It will take time, but once we build up the solid PvP base, it will grow exponentially.

http://www.WPTAPL.com

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum