PvP Earned Gear Vote_lcap217%PvP Earned Gear Vote_rcap2 17% [ 4 ]
Total Votes : 24

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1PvP Earned Gear Empty PvP Earned Gear on Tue Oct 19, 2010 8:27 pm

[GM]Tipsy

[GM]Tipsy
Admin
Admin
before answering the poll make sure you understand what we mean by PvP gears.

the simple discription would be:

gear and weapons that are Stated completly different to any other items that drops ingame, these gears and weapons will be class specific (just like our level 60 capes) they will be 6 slotted so you can add what you need as well has having added bonuses such as bigger HP/MP/SP bonuses as well as increased defence and resist bases. Not only that but the gear and weapons will also have stats added to them depending on the build you want to use. for example. a "Pvp Upper Armour" for a Priest/Orc will be stated with +40 rec/wis along with adding +100 defence along with +1500 base HP and MP/SP that can still be rolled to have Orange stats ontop of these.

Now you proberly wondering how much a top like this would cost. and the answer is simple, all that you are required to Trade is the Pvp kills that you have earned. So for example if you Want to buy the top you will need to have 20,000 kills. and if you have 21,000 kills you can buy the Top and you will still have 1000 kills to show, but you will also have one of the most EPIC and well earned Tops in the game.

think about it, you may loose out on the ranking page but you gain so so so much more. +80 stats will keep you alive heaps longer to build up your kill totals again and when people see you walking around in the Unique gear they will say "Wow, i think i just saw GOD"

so now i wanna hear your thoughts on all of this, and hear if something like this would set us apart from any other server that is out there.

Last edited by [GM]Tipsy on Tue Oct 19, 2010 10:29 pm; edited 1 time in total

siggi by Faith Very Happy
http://battle-for-dwater.net16.net/

2PvP Earned Gear Empty Re: PvP Earned Gear on Tue Oct 19, 2010 8:58 pm

[GA]LittleNuts

[GA]LittleNuts
Game Ambassador
Game Ambassador
I dont think this would be a good idea atm, maybe after server gains more people. As it is we who DO pvp kill the lower ranked players way too fast. This will cause more players to run from pvp instead of joining in to it.

3PvP Earned Gear Empty Re: PvP Earned Gear on Tue Oct 19, 2010 9:04 pm

[GM]Tipsy

[GM]Tipsy
Admin
Admin
what about adding a death benefit as well, making the death amounts tradeable for 1/4 as many kills. so lets say you have 1000 deaths, once a month you would be able to trade them in for 250 kills?

while the number of kills you gaining is not substantial you are still working your way towards something and the effort that you put in to try and pv pwill not go to waste even if you are not getting as many kills as the enemy.

people are too worried about having the best K/D ratios, so maybe implementing something like this would make them stop worrying about this

4PvP Earned Gear Empty Re: PvP Earned Gear on Tue Oct 19, 2010 9:35 pm

[GA]TeekaDragon

[GA]TeekaDragon
Game Ambassador
Game Ambassador
me me me i want i want

bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce

5PvP Earned Gear Empty Re: PvP Earned Gear on Tue Oct 19, 2010 10:12 pm

[GA]LittleNuts

[GA]LittleNuts
Game Ambassador
Game Ambassador
for the poll....may want to add a 4th choice....for i dont think so

6PvP Earned Gear Empty Re: PvP Earned Gear on Tue Oct 19, 2010 10:29 pm

[GM]Tipsy

[GM]Tipsy
Admin
Admin
Added

7PvP Earned Gear Empty Re: PvP Earned Gear on Wed Oct 20, 2010 12:21 am

kalyke82

here's my two cents
here's my two cents
It would be cool to get unique looking gear for your pvp rank but i'm not sure would it be wise to have those stats on them. People are already QQing how some pvpers are overpowered so this would make it even worse.

How about you get weapon with same stats as lvl59 or lvl60 weapon but edited to look like Ep5 weapons?
Those weapons look awesome and would be attainable only by pvp rank.

20k kills looks like science fiction on this server. If we had raid vs raid pvp every day that number would be suitable.

8PvP Earned Gear Empty Re: PvP Earned Gear on Wed Oct 20, 2010 2:50 am

SurfinBird

SurfinBird
Am i making any sense??
Am i making any sense??
Sorry no support from me. You have to consider how many people we lost in last 2-3 weeks. Number is big. If you would put that kind of reward while number of people on server is too low, it will scare new people that come to server. You know peoples reaction when Baal was playing. Now imagine you starting to pvp and you're new on server and you see people even stronger than that coming to kill you with some insane gear.

9PvP Earned Gear Empty Re: PvP Earned Gear on Wed Oct 20, 2010 5:54 am

M35H

M35H
Am i making any sense??
Am i making any sense??
I'm not in favor of this beause of what others have said in this post. The last thing we want to give it more power to pvpers that are currently pvping. Like someone said, people already run from it and just imagine adding 80 stats to one of the dominant dps'ers we currently have in the game. These people will never stand a chance. Now granted, weak players will always be weak until they pvp and get pvp rank up and build their skill lvl, but thats a totally different debate.

10PvP Earned Gear Empty Re: PvP Earned Gear on Wed Oct 20, 2010 6:10 am

regix

regix
Tipsy is my idol
Tipsy is my idol
the only thing i see about this is that more older players will be the strongest (not that it's a new idea) but a gap may be starting a new thing

Over powered
strong
m3h
weak (<--- with most people in this category unfortunately)

11PvP Earned Gear Empty Re: PvP Earned Gear on Wed Oct 20, 2010 9:50 am

404error

404error
here's my two cents
here's my two cents
I like the idea of trading in pvp kills for stuff but 20k kills seems like a lot considering I'm not even at 300 yet and I've been on the server for 2/3 weeks, not to mention that the gear suggested is a huge increase from the 60 gear. Like nuts said those that pvp already overpower lower ranked people.

Maybe less potent gear?

The death reward is a good idea too
This kind of thing would get more people to come out to pvp, but don't make the items too Powerful

12PvP Earned Gear Empty Re: PvP Earned Gear on Wed Oct 20, 2010 10:39 am

Oyobi

I can Talk
I can Talk
I would like to vote but I'm not sure i should just yet. I like the idea of getting armor for pvp kills but i think the stats should be worked on more and not so many slots if the stats are high.

13PvP Earned Gear Empty Re: PvP Earned Gear on Wed Oct 20, 2010 3:01 pm

[GA]rink245

[GA]rink245
Game Ambassador
Game Ambassador
This idea would be good to test off with something a little less epic. Maybe some 60 gloves for 2k kills or something?

14PvP Earned Gear Empty Re: PvP Earned Gear on Wed Oct 20, 2010 3:03 pm

[GA]comatose

[GA]comatose
Game Ambassador
Game Ambassador
and for something shiny - 300K kills = weapon enchant to [10]

Razz

If the server is , what are you doing looking at my signature?
if offline, go do my dishes.

"man up buttercups!"

15PvP Earned Gear Empty Re: PvP Earned Gear on Wed Oct 20, 2010 4:11 pm

[GM]Tipsy

[GM]Tipsy
Admin
Admin
the + 80 was just a number i threw out there to give you guys an example, of coarse if this was to happen the increases of the gear would be made to what we feel is not too overpowering but not weak like the boss dropped gear, because whats the point of trading in your hard earned kills for something that is not even that much better from what you get from killing a boss.

16PvP Earned Gear Empty Re: PvP Earned Gear on Thu Oct 21, 2010 6:42 am

RahhBoogey

RahhBoogey
here's my two cents
here's my two cents
i just want to see bright rainbow colored gear ^_^... that would make you stand out in pvp mwahaha

17PvP Earned Gear Empty Re: PvP Earned Gear on Thu Oct 21, 2010 6:47 am

[GA]Killa420

[GA]Killa420
Game Ambassador
Game Ambassador
RahhBoogey wrote:i just want to see bright rainbow colored gear ^_^... that would make you stand out in pvp mwahaha

Nah, to stand out you need invisible gear....now that would rock rofl. (or flop around rather lol) Razz Cool

18PvP Earned Gear Empty Re: PvP Earned Gear on Thu Oct 21, 2010 7:35 am

[GA]comatose

[GA]comatose
Game Ambassador
Game Ambassador
naked toon patch!

sinners.

If the server is , what are you doing looking at my signature?
if offline, go do my dishes.

"man up buttercups!"

19PvP Earned Gear Empty Re: PvP Earned Gear on Thu Oct 21, 2010 1:36 pm

[GA]rink245

[GA]rink245
Game Ambassador
Game Ambassador
RahhBoogey wrote:i just want to see bright rainbow colored gear ^_^... that would make you stand out in pvp mwahaha

You just made my day.

20PvP Earned Gear Empty Re: PvP Earned Gear on Thu Oct 21, 2010 3:13 pm

404error

404error
here's my two cents
here's my two cents
Haha sooo awesome

21PvP Earned Gear Empty Re: PvP Earned Gear on Thu Oct 21, 2010 3:51 pm

RahhBoogey

RahhBoogey
here's my two cents
here's my two cents
hehe.. imagine everyone in hippy colors bright green blue purple pink orange lmao... that'll be AWESOMENESS

22PvP Earned Gear Empty Re: PvP Earned Gear on Fri Oct 22, 2010 11:05 am

UberGoober

UberGoober
Am i making any sense??
Am i making any sense??
Maybe, since they have SO MUCH Added bonus on the gears, just make them 4 slotted.
Hear me out before you stop reading...

+80 stats and an extra +1200 HP/SP/MP + Defense + Resist makes up for MORE than even lvl 7 lapis linked... so I would think that's WELL worth the 2 lost slots, (as this equals about 3-4 lvl 7's linked. So basically, it's halfway linked gear with 7's in it, then you can still customize it to your personal tastes with the other 4 lapis.

All-in-all, you're not SUPER uber over other players, but you DO have the advantage.

JM2C

Or, just thought of this, I know it would take more work to code, but would be VERY interesting.

2 sets of gear: Death gear, and Life gear...

You get the "Death" set for your PvP deaths... which gives you +defense + resist +HP/SP/MP but the same stats otherwise as the 60 gears (in regards to STR/DEX/REC/WIS/INT/LUC).
Whereas, the "Life" gear you get for PvP kills...You get gears with only +SP/MP and +STR/DEX/REC/WIS/INT/LUC but otherwise the same HP/defense/resist as the 60 gears...
2 sets makes them BOTH equally desireable, but VERY different. so the PvP tanks/healers who tend to earn less kills can get gears more suited to their desire of gameplay, whereas the DPSers get gears more suited to how THEY like to PvP.

Two totally different sets (in which case, ignore the reduced slots, since the bonus is far less given) and makes it a little more entertaining and customizeable of a PvP experience.

http://www.WPTAPL.com

23PvP Earned Gear Empty Re: PvP Earned Gear on Fri Oct 22, 2010 11:06 am

UberGoober

UberGoober
Am i making any sense??
Am i making any sense??
RahhBoogey wrote:hehe.. imagine everyone in hippy colors bright green blue purple pink orange lmao... that'll be AWESOMENESS

Also, Tootie would love this... she's a Hippie born a couple decades too late...

http://www.WPTAPL.com

24PvP Earned Gear Empty Re: PvP Earned Gear on Fri Oct 22, 2010 5:27 pm

lordpaxton2

I can Talk
I can Talk
lol

25PvP Earned Gear Empty Re: PvP Earned Gear on Sun Oct 24, 2010 11:29 am

RahhBoogey

RahhBoogey
here's my two cents
here's my two cents
BRING ON THE green pink and BLUE!!!!!! oh and dont forget the fluorescent yellow poke dots just for the hell of it ^_^

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum