You are not connected. Please login or register

DwD awards

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1DwD awards Empty DwD awards on Wed Jul 14, 2010 11:02 am

[GA]comatose

[GA]comatose
Game Ambassador
Game Ambassador
If you're married to a non-gamer, you might understand where I'm coming from on this.

I would love to financially lend support to a game I thoroughly enjoy, but fear the wrath of The Wife, so sadly I can't set aside any money for that. Earning AP while a GS on OS was one of the reasons she didn't mind me playing, because "We aren't about to spend money on a game with naked snake/spider women in it!" Shocked

I've played on a pserver that allotted a new account X-amount of points, while others dole out so much per hour. Either scenario has its merits and downfalls.

The first gives the player the opportunity to get a few small items from the item mall, but the most coveted items would require a donation to obtain the amount of points required. The bait-and-hook method. Here, as in most games the wealthier will triumph.

The second promotes actual game play time. The major setback to this method was people would often just leave their toon logged on making this award system a fail.

I'm curious if a combination of both could be used, but with a tweak. I'm guessing here on character movement, but if a DB trigger was ran every hour, and the X-Y coordinates had changed, then award that account some fixed amount of DwD points. I'm sure this method could also be exploited with the use of a bot, so don't shoot me.

Also, please don't come after me wielding torches and pitchforks with fists raised high since I understand that all of this (host, internet, etc) comes with a price, so donations are required. I do wish though that for those of us without the means to support financially could still earn a little credit to buy some smaller items.

thoughts?

send all hatemail to /null
Twisted Evil

If the server is , what are you doing looking at my signature?
if offline, go do my dishes.

"man up buttercups!"
http://battle-for-dwater.net16.net/

2DwD awards Empty Re: DwD awards on Wed Jul 14, 2010 11:27 am

[GM]Megaslayer

[GM]Megaslayer
Admin
Admin
I do like where you are going with that idea. While I imagine there is some work and exploitation that might come from such, I believe I heard of another pserver that took that approach.

I don't know how feasible or if we can take that approach, but I would like to see a player loyalty campaign. I can't speak too much here on it, but if supported by the team... i think there is great potential. Thank you for the nice idea.

off to the admin forums...

~Siggie by Sinful~

3DwD awards Empty Re: DwD awards on Wed Jul 14, 2010 12:16 pm

Skidz

Now we talking
Now we talking
Insanity Shaiya has some system like this
every minute a player is on, he get's 1 AP

This was abused tho with multiclients

4DwD awards Empty Re: DwD awards on Wed Jul 14, 2010 3:56 pm

[GA]rink245

[GA]rink245
Game Ambassador
Game Ambassador
Hmm maybe offer DwD as an event item? That could help the non wealthy gamers and still give everyone an equal playing field. Still could have problems.

5DwD awards Empty Re: DwD awards on Wed Jul 14, 2010 4:31 pm

[GM]Tipsy

[GM]Tipsy
Admin
Admin
No matter what we do, there will always be people trying to take advantage of the system or exxploit something, thats just how the world works.

we will no doubt have a lengthy convo about all this in the admin fourms and do not think that we are just ignoring you or avoiding telling you an outcome because you must realise that from our point of view things will be different.
Yes the reason we run this server is for fun and we enjoy playing the game and enjoy playing with the people , but for us as GMs and devs it comes at a personal financial cost so we also have to try and cover this cost and we can not really do this by giving everyone everything for free.

So please take this into consideration, and in time we will work out a way to support those loyal to this server.

and with that i will leave you with a random quote that is on my calander at work

"every house guest brings you happiness: some when they arrive and some when they leave" - Confucius

siggi by Faith Very Happy

6DwD awards Empty Re: DwD awards on Wed Jul 14, 2010 6:29 pm

[GA]comatose

[GA]comatose
Game Ambassador
Game Ambassador
I will not wait, I will whine endlessly. I will thrash about on the floor. I will assume the fetal position under my coffee table and suck my thumb...

ok, maybe not

and as a wise man once said,

"Consider the daffodil...
And while you're doing that, I'll be over here, looking through your stuff."

If the server is , what are you doing looking at my signature?
if offline, go do my dishes.

"man up buttercups!"

7DwD awards Empty Re: DwD awards on Wed Jul 14, 2010 6:54 pm

[GM]Tipsy

[GM]Tipsy
Admin
Admin
c0matose wrote:
and as a wise man once said,

"Consider the daffodil...
And while you're doing that, I'll be over here, looking through your stuff."

i like that one. think i found a new favorite quote ^^

8DwD awards Empty Re: DwD awards on Fri Jul 16, 2010 2:42 pm

regix

regix
Tipsy is my idol
Tipsy is my idol
H & S never fails Very Happy

9DwD awards Empty Re: DwD awards on Sun Jul 18, 2010 4:15 pm

[GM]Tipsy

[GM]Tipsy
Admin
Admin
Regix wrote:H & S never fails Very Happy

it does if the person hiding is uber and invisible

10DwD awards Empty Re: DwD awards on Tue Jul 20, 2010 5:06 pm

wyvern

wyvern
Forum Junkie
Forum Junkie
erm i know first post n all n still downloading Razz so sorry if this is no longer an "aktive" subject.

but iv played a few diff servers now (OS/Evo/66 etc) and 1 thing iv seen which is a pretty good way of giving away DwD i think its called over here is with forum based quiz'z events etc that way there are a lot less ways sum1 could exploit such a system.

anyhoo just a thought if iv missed sutin completly disregard this post lol

11DwD awards Empty Re: DwD awards on Wed Jul 21, 2010 8:50 pm

[GM]Megaslayer

[GM]Megaslayer
Admin
Admin
wyvern wrote:erm i know first post n all n still downloading Razz so sorry if this is no longer an "aktive" subject.

but iv played a few diff servers now (OS/Evo/66 etc) and 1 thing iv seen which is a pretty good way of giving away DwD i think its called over here is with forum based quiz'z events etc that way there are a lot less ways sum1 could exploit such a system.

anyhoo just a thought if iv missed sutin completly disregard this post lol

It's a good suggestion. I like incorporating the forum community into more game related events. Utilizing forums, chat, and in game help are all facets of supporting a good community.

~Siggie by Sinful~

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum