The old BfDW forum - no game, just talk

You are not connected. Please login or register

Suggestion for a Forum Mod

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Suggestion for a Forum Mod  Empty Suggestion for a Forum Mod on Fri Jul 09, 2010 11:31 pm

SinfulVixen

SinfulVixen
Forum Noob
Forum Noob
The server is slowly yet surely growing. Along with the growth of the population will come more threads. Already the threads are 90% made out of boredom.Would be nice (as well as helpful)if it were more organized if possible. Sticky the important and throw the rest in the spam thread.

The community can also do its part by putting threads in the appropriate place.General Discussion usually focuses around the game, where as a spam board is more lenient leaving room for random topics.

Valued Information and Formal Events and Topics usually are stickied.This prevents repetitive threads and necroing old threads.

(sorry for being so nit picky)

2Suggestion for a Forum Mod  Empty Re: Suggestion for a Forum Mod on Fri Jul 09, 2010 11:37 pm

[GA]rink245

[GA]rink245
Game Ambassador
Game Ambassador
I think that's Mega's job haha. But yeah the spam board should probably be renamed to "Off Topic" or so, so people know to posts stuff not related to Shaiya there.

3Suggestion for a Forum Mod  Empty Re: Suggestion for a Forum Mod on Sat Jul 10, 2010 6:11 am

[GM]Megaslayer

[GM]Megaslayer
Admin
Admin
I agree with what you said and I implemented your Off Topic suggestion, which will help direct posters (good idea). I didn't want to remove the Spam Board title as I have grown used to it like others

I try to keep a good eye on the forums moving threads to more applicable locations. So far most people have been good about placement, but it is a vigilant job. In addition there is actually an auto pruning feature in the administrative tools that removes old threads to help combat necroing. I have considered how best to use it, but want to see how the forum community develops through the next few months.

~Siggie by Sinful~

4Suggestion for a Forum Mod  Empty Re: Suggestion for a Forum Mod on Sat Jul 10, 2010 6:06 pm

regix

regix
Tipsy is my idol
Tipsy is my idol
yeah i agree with the 90% of boredom but at least it's active

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum