The old BfDW forum - no game, just talk

You are not connected. Please login or register

Things Evo taught us...

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Things Evo taught us... Empty Things Evo taught us... on Wed Jun 16, 2010 6:31 pm

[GM]Megaslayer

[GM]Megaslayer
Admin
Admin
I don't know if this private server will be able alter skills as experience has shown us that Sonov doesn't look favorably on such practice.

Please don't put Sonic2 or Ele lvl 2 lapis into this server. Allow rangers to have a place in both PvE and PvP.

I'm sure there are some other valuable tid-bits that came from Evo, which would be great to see here, but I can't recall anymore atm.

~Siggie by Sinful~

2Things Evo taught us... Empty Re: Things Evo taught us... on Wed Jun 16, 2010 9:48 pm

[GM]Sober

[GM]Sober
Admin
Admin
Megaslayer wrote:I don't know if this private server will be able alter skills as experience has shown us that Sonov doesn't look favorably on such practice.

Please don't put Sonic2 or Ele lvl 2 lapis into this server. Allow rangers to have a place in both PvE and PvP.

I'm sure there are some other valuable tid-bits that came from Evo, which would be great to see here, but I can't recall anymore atm.

Megaslayer
Sonic level 2 or Ele's level 2 and Flash level 2 are non existing in this server only got level 1s, We try and make it balanced, yes i agree rangers/sins can use there skill as it should be Smile

3Things Evo taught us... Empty Re: Things Evo taught us... on Wed Jun 23, 2010 2:28 pm

SinfulVixen

SinfulVixen
Forum Noob
Forum Noob
[color=indigo]I liked the PvP aspect in Evo so my suggestion would be:

* make the fortune bags lvls reflect the map that they are being obtained/farmed.
(map 1 should not drop lvl 5's IMO)

* Only PvP maps should drop lvl 6 FBs. FBs this will encourage PvP.The best stuff comes with a price Smile

that's all i can think of atm but I'm already seeing great potential. I love you

Last edited by SinfulVixen on Wed Jun 23, 2010 2:36 pm; edited 1 time in total

4Things Evo taught us... Empty Re: Things Evo taught us... on Wed Jun 23, 2010 2:32 pm

[GA]rink245

[GA]rink245
Game Ambassador
Game Ambassador
SinfulVixen wrote:I liked the PvP aspect in Evo so my suggestion would be:

* make the fortune bags lvls reflect the map that they are being obtained/farmed.
(map 1 should not drop lvl 5's IMO)

* Only PvP maps should drop lvl 6 FBs. FBs this will encourage PvP.The best stuff comes with a price Smile

that's all i can think of atm but I'm already seeing great potential.

I like this idea. Evo made it to easy to get the good stuff from the FB's. Good FB's should be a challenge to get

5Things Evo taught us... Empty Re: Things Evo taught us... on Wed Jun 23, 2010 3:07 pm

[GM]Megaslayer

[GM]Megaslayer
Admin
Admin
@Sinful... nice suggestion and I couldn't agree with you more. I didn't like how easy it became for people to farm FB's. Along those same lines, I am going to see if it's possible to have a certain item that everyone would use be largely dropped in a particular PvP area to help support pvp.

For instance, 20-30 PvP in Evo people could farm 3hr conti's. It was a good idea, but due to the ease of purchasing them off the black market vendor... the idea never really caught on.

Perhaps some time of commonly used donation pt item that most use / want could drop more frequently there, which would bring players to the zone.

I will pass this along to other GM's or they will see this and comment. I believe Evo taught us a lot, which is something we hope to continue in our efforts.

~Siggie by Sinful~

6Things Evo taught us... Empty Re: Things Evo taught us... on Wed Jun 23, 2010 3:18 pm

regix

regix
Tipsy is my idol
Tipsy is my idol
make like 1-15 drop something decently good so it'll attract people something like Etain Pots or some epic stuff like that / movement / summon stones cause 20-30 is easy to aoe but 1-15 is harder to aoe but you can kill rather easily but you can't kill a lot fast so it would be an epic place for stuff like that to drop (and no fortune bags)

7Things Evo taught us... Empty Re: Things Evo taught us... on Wed Jun 23, 2010 9:24 pm

SinfulVixen

SinfulVixen
Forum Noob
Forum Noob
My take on FBs:

Map1: drops level 1&2
Map2: drops level 3 [5's should drop in Elemental Cave/ Fury Eq]
Map3: drops level 4 [5's should drop in Stigma Cave/Fury Eq]

DD1/2,Jungle and D2 should drop level 6's with a moderate drop rate.

**D1 and Dwater should drop level 5's with average drop rate**

Relic mobs should drop level 5 FB's with a rare chance for level 6 as well as level 5 lapis with an average drop rate.

Normally end game bosses would be your only chance at goddess. This allowed top guilds to to be truly elite, however we dont want to make their effort unnecessary or obsolete.Fortune bags should give you a chance at obtaining goddess not a free meal ticket to goddess.I know my plan isn't exactly well thought out but I do believe you get the idea.Feel free to comment Smile

8Things Evo taught us... Empty Re: Things Evo taught us... on Thu Jul 15, 2010 2:18 pm

Skidz

Now we talking
Now we talking
Sure the thoughts of having FB's only drop in pvp map looks good for our UM 60's out there.

But it kinda unbalances the PvP

Perhaps a BIG example
But if 1 faction controlls the zone.
The chance for the other faction to ever come back up from it is low.

Consider that D-Water would be the only place on BFDW to farm Ele's.
Ele's are a must for pvp

Since the only 2 ele sources are FB's and Kimu

Yeah sure we have our 43 epics, but they aren't made for good pvp

9Things Evo taught us... Empty Re: Things Evo taught us... on Thu Jul 15, 2010 2:44 pm

Yenky

Forum Noob
Forum Noob
I guess many people often forget 1 thing... you cant force someone to pvp. Many people know me from evo as someone that never killed grinders/farmers, because i think killing them is low... geting rank from unprepared enemy that is under attacked by mobs is no fun for me
If you kill grinder, he will just leave that place and come back a bit later... or wont come back at all... that wont encourage pvp. people will go in pvp when they think they are ready... and for that, you need at least decent gear... if you cant farm it, that will just prolong time needed to start actively pvp.
puting fbs in pvp areas would be bad thing, by my opinion... strong will only become even stronger, gap will be even greater... thou i do agree, and i mentioned it before to GMs, fbs are too easy to get. evo had a nice thing, fbs level depended of mobs lvl ... you had to work for them. not too much, but you had to work for them a bit, every day...
i know its a lot of work for GMs to make FBs drop depending on mobs level... that would mean altering all drops, and thats a lot of work... but my opinion is that's the most fair solution Razz

10Things Evo taught us... Empty Re: Things Evo taught us... on Thu Jul 15, 2010 3:07 pm

Skidz

Now we talking
Now we talking
ZWar wrote:I guess many people often forget 1 thing... you cant force someone to pvp. Many people know me from evo as someone that never killed grinders/farmers, because i think killing them is low... geting rank from unprepared enemy that is under attacked by mobs is no fun for me
If you kill grinder, he will just leave that place and come back a bit later... or wont come back at all... that wont encourage pvp. people will go in pvp when they think they are ready... and for that, you need at least decent gear... if you cant farm it, that will just prolong time needed to start actively pvp.
puting fbs in pvp areas would be bad thing, by my opinion... strong will only become even stronger, gap will be even greater... thou i do agree, and i mentioned it before to GMs, fbs are too easy to get. evo had a nice thing, fbs level depended of mobs lvl ... you had to work for them. not too much, but you had to work for them a bit, every day...
i know its a lot of work for GMs to make FBs drop depending on mobs level... that would mean altering all drops, and thats a lot of work... but my opinion is that's the most fair solution Razz

Yup Yenky your totally right. Except for the part where you don't kill grinders! Mad
You're a mean killer! Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil

No but he's totally right.
-People can farm lvl 6 FB's from first mobs... (which is bad! Mad)
-People will not pvp untill they ready (like Yenky said)
-And yeah like i mentioned above.
If the stronger controll the PvP zones and those zones only drop FB.
The stronger will only become stronger while the weaker will stay weak. (or not grow as much
as the stronger did)

11Things Evo taught us... Empty Re: Things Evo taught us... on Thu Jul 15, 2010 11:48 pm

[GM]Sober

[GM]Sober
Admin
Admin
i agree with yenky, first i would want to gear myself up and link, before heading out to pvp to kick some ass lol, so PVE areas having FB's are a good to farm and not be killed Razz

12Things Evo taught us... Empty Re: Things Evo taught us... on Thu Jul 15, 2010 11:56 pm

[GM]Tipsy

[GM]Tipsy
Admin
Admin
[GM]Sober wrote:i agree with yenky, first i would want to gear myself up and link, before heading out to pvp to kick some ass lol, so PVE areas having FB's are a good to farm and not be killed Razz

sober you get killed by lvl 1 foxes, so pve areas arent even that safe for you Razz

siggi by Faith Very Happy
http://battle-for-dwater.net16.net/

13Things Evo taught us... Empty Re: Things Evo taught us... on Fri Jul 16, 2010 12:17 am

[GM]Sober

[GM]Sober
Admin
Admin
[GM]Tipsy wrote:
[GM]Sober wrote:i agree with yenky, first i would want to gear myself up and link, before heading out to pvp to kick some ass lol, so PVE areas having FB's are a good to farm and not be killed Razz

sober you get killed by lvl 1 foxes, so pve areas arent even that safe for you Razz

pfft ive never died to a lvl 1 fox or monkey but its hilarious you dying as a full rec ultimate tank to d2 1st room lol, oh yeah i went there Very Happy

14Things Evo taught us... Empty Re: Things Evo taught us... on Fri Jul 16, 2010 12:44 am

Skidz

Now we talking
Now we talking
[GM]Sober wrote:
[GM]Tipsy wrote:

pfft ive never died to a lvl 1 fox or monkey but its hilarious you dying as a full rec ultimate tank to d2 1st room lol, oh yeah i went there Very Happy

That's common.

The 1st and 2nd room is full with mobs that use % based DoT's and skills that hit 10%Hp no mather what def

So don't be a shamed from that =)

15Things Evo taught us... Empty Re: Things Evo taught us... on Fri Jul 16, 2010 1:07 am

[GM]Sober

[GM]Sober
Admin
Admin
Skidz wrote:
[GM]Sober wrote:
[GM]Tipsy wrote:

That's common.

The 1st and 2nd room is full with mobs that use % based DoT's and skills that hit 10%Hp no mather what def

shhh not ment to say that lol

shh not ment to say that skidz!

16Things Evo taught us... Empty Re: Things Evo taught us... on Fri Jul 16, 2010 1:24 am

[GM]Tipsy

[GM]Tipsy
Admin
Admin
[GM]Sober wrote:
Skidz wrote:
[GM]Sober wrote:
[GM]Tipsy wrote:

That's common.

mwhahahahahaha. skidz has got my back. but hey those mobs were epic, im not gonna lie about it. lets face it though, they did what pretty much every one on evo couldnt ^^ so good on em, them and their retarded debuffs

siggi by Faith Very Happy
http://battle-for-dwater.net16.net/

17Things Evo taught us... Empty Re: Things Evo taught us... on Fri Jul 16, 2010 5:50 am

Skidz

Now we talking
Now we talking
[GM]Tipsy wrote:
[GM]Sober wrote:
Skidz wrote:
[GM]Sober wrote:
[GM]Tipsy wrote:

That's common.

mwhahahahahaha. skidz has got my back. but hey those mobs were epic, im not gonna lie about it. lets face it though, they did what pretty much every one on evo couldnt ^^ so good on em, them and their retarded debuffs
Np and yeah they're epic
I'm glad i used a Cont to grind there instead of spending abt 8 Ress Runes to it Shocked

18Things Evo taught us... Empty Re: Things Evo taught us... on Thu Jul 29, 2010 2:17 am

Somi

Forum Noob
Forum Noob
Evo also taught us:

- With every change you make, you will get people wining for another one. So be very carefull about what you change from the start.
- Defining exploits helps avoiding trouble later on, since even if it is common practice, a GM might disagree (foxing through guards, Potential Motive at bosses).
- Everything you add to enable pvp (summons, moves, teles) can also be used to avoid it.
- If you didn't do it yet, make OPs non-stackable!
- Adjusting altars doesn't change a thing.
- No rule is ever completely fair (see Haru/FM and Fanta/CD boxes).

So take your time to figure out, what you consider fair and right and then stick to it through all the QQ after. Be sure, although you only see the QQ-faction, there will be people that absolutely agree with you, they just don't have a reason to post.
Also please: Anything you dont want to be duped should not be stackable at all. It's not only messing up the economy, it is also massively unfair to anyone getting his gear the old way. And last but not least: It's less work for you guys. 8)

As for FBs and their drop-location i don't care. If you make it jungle only, people will just farm Helltooths if they want to avoid pvp. There are always ways to avoid pvp, if you really want to. The only thing i would wish for, is that grinders can still grind FL/CL in peace, since that really was an issue on Evo.

19Things Evo taught us... Empty Re: Things Evo taught us... on Thu Jul 29, 2010 7:10 am

[GM]Megaslayer

[GM]Megaslayer
Admin
Admin
nice insight somi and some very good advice. I believe you can't stack op's, but am going to double check. We are trying hard to make sure we have a good, but fair PvP environment for all.

We will def have to examine the potential motive skill as well. It's only a matter of time before that becomes an issue.

ty

~Siggie by Sinful~

20Things Evo taught us... Empty Re: Things Evo taught us... on Thu Jul 29, 2010 8:08 am

Somi

Forum Noob
Forum Noob
You are aware that it's a common thing to use PM at bosses?
AGE just prohibited duels in dungeons, to keep people from triggering it, which makes it a thing for skilled mages & pagans.

21Things Evo taught us... Empty Re: Things Evo taught us... on Thu Jul 29, 2010 10:15 am

[GA]rink245

[GA]rink245
Game Ambassador
Game Ambassador
Yeah potential motive is fun when you combine it with EB.

And yeah you should make some PvP rules since there was a small dispute about that yesterday. IMO foxing through guards is what the move is for. Just move far enough away from the other line in PvP and it takes them forever to reach you or they have to turn back before they run out of the move. And also people forget that a person foxed can still be killed, so I think that move shouldn't be illegal to use that way in pvp.

22Things Evo taught us... Empty Re: Things Evo taught us... on Thu Jul 29, 2010 10:34 am

regix

regix
Tipsy is my idol
Tipsy is my idol
Somi wrote:You are aware that it's a common thing to use PM at bosses?
AGE just prohibited duels in dungeons, to keep people from triggering it, which makes it a thing for skilled mages & pagans.

only thing about this is that you have to BE a level 56 (or 57 pagan) for PM to actually work to is potential cause without nemesis 3 PM / Neme combo fails and it's really nice to use on haru and stuff because it has a potential to be up to like 30k damage which is nearly impossible to do with the common character

also i liked in evo how possum changed slasher to 4x attack, eviscerate to 4x attack, and dark panic to 3x attack because the assassins are nerfed having to combo unlike a fighter who can just unleash 12x his / her attack in 4.5 - 5 seconds and giving them up'd x attack it can make assassins more leveled in the playing fields

and one more thing i forgot XD i'll post when i remember

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum